help - corals are dying

CaptainHook

BRS Member
All my corals are dying. Any idea what's wrong?

Tank has been running for a year.

Water parameters:

salinty: 1.026
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0.007 ppm
nitrate: 0
alkalinity: 9.9 dkH
phosphate: 0.015 ppm
calcium: 410
magnesium: 1260
PH: 8.4
Temperature: 79

Thanks.

-Peter

looks like brown jelly on those acans... if they get on something else it will start to kill softies around it

Thanks. Being the dumb a$$ that I am I took the infected candy cane in front of a powerhead and blow all the slime off it. Now most if not all of the LPS are infected. How do I eradicate it? I read the use of chloramphenicol but I don't know how to administer it. Thanks.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Peter :( I would take all of the affected ones out and dip them in an iodine dip and put them in one of your quarantine tanks then do a big water change and run carbon. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Peter :( I would take all of the affected ones out and dip them in an iodine dip and put them in one of your quarantine tanks then do a big water change and run carbon. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

+1 to this Peter.^^^^If you need any help lmk I am only 10mins away.

Thanks. Other than maybe the scoly I think all my other LPS are affected.
Do one of you have a brute or two that I can borrow to make fresh saltwater? I don't have enough to make a big water change.

Back