Help: need instructions for Tropic Marin Alkalinity/KH test

reefsmurf

Non-member
Hi guys,

I lost the directions to my Tropic Marin Alkalinity/KH test. Anyone have them and could do me a favor and give me a run down?

Thanks in advance.

1 Shake the dropper bottle before use.

2. Rinse the glass vial in tap water(I use RO/DI), then several times with the aquarium water and fill it with the aquarium water sample up to the 5ml mark using the measuring syringe.

3. Counting each drop, add the kH-test reagent drop by drop (shake vessel lighrtly after each drop) until the of the solution turns from GREEN to RED-ORANGE((similar to the top of the packaging).

4. Each drop of reagent corrosponds to one degree of hardness. The total number of drops uised equals the total hardness of the solution in *dKH.

Example= 10 drops=10dKH.

HTH..

tabby:)

Oh boy.. thanks pillowfish, I owe you one.. off to do some more testing :D

Edit: hrm.. do we have the same test kit? The back of my box has a color chart to match up against :D

Edit: hrm.. do we have the same test kit? The back of my box has a color chart to match up against :D

Really?? when was it manufactured?? I am staring at the instruction booklet right now...tropic Marin KH/Alkalinity test??? Mine only has it translated into every language on the box?? Are you sure it's TM? (not doubting you...just odd??:confused:

tabittha:)

Oops, I was looking at the wrong Tropic Marin box :D....
That worked!!, thanks again.

Salifert says 5 dkh, Tropic Marin says 4dkh.. oh noes.

I wouldn't sweat it ...I tested my Alk using TM, Salifert, Red Sea and API...all were pretty close and I just added the results up an ddivided by the # of different test kits I used...it came out to basically a .08 difference...I can live with that:)

I'm more worried about the fact that I'm way under the recommended 8-10 dhk :D (was just checking to see if my salifert kit was way off)

Thanks again for the help

I'm more worried about the fact that I'm way under the recommended 8-10 dhk :D (was just checking to see if my salifert kit was way off)

Thanks again for the help

:eek::eek: Sorry, I thought you were just giving "example" results or stating there was a "large" difference between the 2 kits you used...Good Luck with raising the Alk:)

Back