Hey everyone

friskaburger

Non-member
Hi, my name is Ryan, you can find me on RC or nano-reef under the same username. I'm in my senior year at Berklee College of Music here in Boston majoring in production and engineering. Resisted the urge to set up a tank here in Boston until now. I have an Aquapod 12g with the 70watt sunpod. Pretty excited about getting back into the hobby, I have a 55g that is way back home in California. I'm interested in meeting you guys and seeing what the reefing community around this neck of the woods is like!

Hey, welcome!

Two meetings coming up: one in June and one in July. June is more of a picnic/outing, and July will feature a guest speaker. Good opportunities to come on out and meet the locals. :)

Another music guy. I do live sound production. I have a friend doing music recording at berkley, he loves it. You must be a protools guy then huh? Maybe Logic? I do protools.

Haha so many replies! Hi to all of you!

SusyQ - I'm from Arcadia if you know where that is. If ur a valley girl you should know, it's right next door to pasadena!

Behrmon - I would love to go out to some of the events... I don't have a car though so I'm curious how easy it is to get there? I'm right across the street from Fenway park... would I need to use the commuter rail to get to these events?

DavidG - Yeah I'm definitely a ProTools guy. The new iteration of Logic coming out looks really promising though! Lots of features that are the realm of ProTools HD setups for the price of a PT LE rig! I'm gonna be keeping my eyes on it.

I forgot to add...
I'm really interested in buying some nice frags from local members. I *think* you guys do frag swaps at the meetings, but I was curious if that was very common at meetings. From my experience, the best way to get really beautiful and colorful frags is through trading/buying from personal tanks. The only store that is truly accessible to me is Skiptons, and although they have competitive prices and a decent selection of inverts and fish, I was looking for more colorful coral options. I'm mainly looking for some nice zoa colonies and maybe some rics right now, as well as smaller LPS frags.

I am looking at getting a pro tools icon, to mix in 5.1. up until now i have been mixing with a yamaha pm5d down to my digi-002 rack and surface, to give me 16 channels. Anyway, June 30 we have a meeting up in NH if you are around this summer.

Welcome to the BRS!

I forgot to add...
I'm really interested in buying some nice frags from local members. I *think* you guys do frag swaps at the meetings, but I was curious if that was very common at meetings. From my experience, the best way to get really beautiful and colorful frags is through trading/buying from personal tanks. The only store that is truly accessible to me is Skiptons, and although they have competitive prices and a decent selection of inverts and fish, I was looking for more colorful coral options. I'm mainly looking for some nice zoa colonies and maybe some rics right now, as well as smaller LPS frags.
Frag swaps are a big part of our meetings! People buy/sell/trade frags (so no need to have your own to "swap") at the meetings. You may also find members in your area that would be willing to carpool, just post that you're looking for someone who could give you a ride in the meeting thread in reef talk. We have meetings all over Eastern Mass, and our upcoming meeting is in southern NH (it's a cookout). Hope you can make it. :)

Hey Ryan.. hope to see you at the cook out.. it will be worth the drive!
brsanime.gif

Back