Hey from Rhode Island

WoodRiverTroutBum

Non-member
Hey guys, name is Alex from Hope, RI. I am just getting in to salt but have been keeping fish for quite a few years now and know how to use search features so no worries there! I am doing a 20 gallon nano reef for now and will also be doing a fish only 72 in the near future. That probably wont stay fish only for long as I always like to add new things to my tanks. This is one of the biggest reasons for me getting in to salt. FW tanks just started to get boring to me but I can sit and watch a reef tank for hours and always see new things. Looking forward to learning a lot and sharing my experiences in the future as well.

Alex

Welcome. It's always nice to see people from Rhode Island getting into the reefing hobby. There seems to be quite a few new members lately. Good luck and enjoy your tank!

welcome to the Boston Reefers, Alex.
Good group to join. lots of people who are willing to give a hand or answer a question.
Hope to see you at a meeting sometime.

Thanks a lot guys, glad to be here. This is by far the best reef forum I have come across, a HUGE bonus that everyone is local! With the freshwater forums, with the exception of one that I have been on for a few years (sort of, long story) everyone is out west and that is always where all the good deals are. With this site, it is nice knowing I can jump on and if I need something, people are so close. I am actually planning on picking up a bigger tank tomorrow night too. I LOVE nano tanks but I will have so many more options with a bigger tank. I was liking how the 20 was starting to look so it was a tough call but I think in the long run it will be better. This way I will have a hospital tank as well. I plan on taking lots of pictures as I get the new one going and will post up a "build" thread once I feel it is on track. Thanks a lot for all of the welcomes, looking forward to meeting some other locals and learning a thing or 2!

Thanks a lot guys, glad to be here. This is by far the best reef forum I have come across, a HUGE bonus that everyone is local! With the freshwater forums, with the exception of one that I have been on for a few years (sort of, long story) everyone is out west and that is always where all the good deals are. With this site, it is nice knowing I can jump on and if I need something, people are so close. I am actually planning on picking up a bigger tank tomorrow night too. I LOVE nano tanks but I will have so many more options with a bigger tank. I was liking how the 20 was starting to look so it was a tough call but I think in the long run it will be better. This way I will have a hospital tank as well. I plan on taking lots of pictures as I get the new one going and will post up a "build" thread once I feel it is on track. Thanks a lot for all of the welcomes, looking forward to meeting some other locals and learning a thing or 2!

larger tanks can be more stable to swings!! More money to maintain & run but much more stable...GL try & get a Reef ready so u don't have to deal with hanging overflow boxes..

HTH,
B

Thanks for the advise. My plans changed slightly, I can't bring myself to break down the 20 so this 46 will be fish only. If I decide to upgrade the reef tank I will buy either a brand new 46 or 72 and move the stuff from the 20 in to that. Or...if I still can't bring myself to break it down, I will start new with a new tank and move the 20 in to the bed room. I may get a reef ready tank but I kind of want to drill and plumb everything myself. I am a hands on kind of guy and like to create things myself. Should make for some good threads in the future I think.

Alex

Back