Hey guys, New to BRS and The hobby in general!

Mcharbonneau

Non-member
Hello All,

I'm somewhat new to this hobby and BRS. I started a few months back with a 46g bow front tank. At the time I had no idea about anything, I was guided to set up an undergravel filter and run a canister filter, and not to spend money on those "expensive lights", and RO water wasnt necessary - and told that everything would be fine. WELL after loosing about 1k worth of fish and corals, I learned a lot!! NOW I still have that 46g bow, but I ripped out the undergravel filter and replaced with with a nice live sand bed, got a protein skimmer, got a reactor with BioPellets, got a powerhead for flow and use nothing BUT RO water! I've had my tank setup for about a month and have flourishing corals and fish! Hopefully it stays as good as it has been going! Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and share my brief history.

Welcome!! Too bad someone gave you bad advice, if it was a LFS then I would steer clear from there in the future. Also, you probably want to go with RODI water, not just RO. In the long run you will have more success.

Now lets see some pictures in the photography section :)))

Heres a picture of the tank when I first got it setup, its a lot more populated with corals now - I also added a few pics of some new corals

Great start on corals. I would watch the CCSF as they tend not to be reef safe.

WelcomeBRS5.jpg

I got rid of my CCSF, I learned the hard way when he ate one of my duncans!! He now resides at Jay's Aquatics lol.

Back