Hi all, first post from Taunton, MA

s_kelley

BRS Member
Hi all,
I have been cycling my tank for a month now. All my levels are looking great and I just put my first yellowtail damsel into the mix today. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I'm still looking for live rock in my area, if anyone knows where I can find some at a decent price in my area, Taunton, MA, give me a shout.
No pictures as of yet.
Your site was highly recomended by someone at the local aquarium store, I like what i'm seeing and reading so far!

Thanks again,
s_kelley

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,
Welcome to the BRS.

You may want to edit your post (if you can't and want to, just let me know) to remove your email address.
It's not a problem for our members here, but because this site is so active there are constantly "bots" from Yahoo, Microsoft, Google, etc looking for any email address they can find to spam.

For live rock - you may want to look at the Marketplace forums, but be warned, sometimes people looking to get out of the hobby and sell live rock are doing so because their tank had numerous problems. Live rock from a neglected tank can have nuisance algae, majano and aiptasia anemones, and other problems. Might be best off getting yucky looking rock at a cheap price and soaking it in a bleach and water solution for a week or so, then rinsing for a few days. Once it no longer smells of bleach, it's ready.
If the rock looks nice and clean when you inspect it before you buy it, then you should be good to go.
Good luck with the new tank.

can't seem to edit post

Moe,
Thanks for the heads up about the email address thing. I looked in the FAQ to see how to edit my message and it said to look for the edit button. One problem, there isnt one anywhere to be found. If you could tell me how or just get rid of my address at the bottom i'd owe ya one.
Also thanks for the tips on the live rock, you guys know where I can get it for a decent price? my local shop has it for almost 9 bucks a pound.

Biggyclops,
I don't know too much about your meetings but wouldnt be opposed to it.

Thanks again guys!

I edited out your email. :)

Not sure on an LFS near you. There are a bunch of forum members from your area. I'll defer to their knowledge. :)

I'd go check out Jeremy's "Coral Reef Aquarium" in Seekonk, MA. I've shopped there a few times and like the store.
Don't make fun of the Denver Broncos in tehstore, however. :p

You could also check out www.http://www.marcorocks.com/ for some great quality dead rock. It's much cheaper that live rock.

You would have to have it cycle in a different tank or you could "cook" it where you basically stick it in a bucket of water with an air stone or powerhead and keep it totally dark and do water changes...

WelcomeBRS.jpg

welcome to the BRS, since you're right in taunton i'd check out underwater world in the taunton mall, LR is either $6 or & a lb. but they've got a pretty decent selection of saltwater stuff for a mall store.

wat size tank ya got? we here @ the BRS love pictures. :)

Hi all,
I have been cycling my tank for a month now. All my levels are looking great and I just put my first yellowtail damsel into the mix today. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I'm still looking for live rock in my area, if anyone knows where I can find some at a decent price in my area, Taunton, MA, give me a shout.
No pictures as of yet.
Your site was highly recomended by someone at the local aquarium store, I like what i'm seeing and reading so far!

Thanks again,
s_kelley

:w to the forum.....Local reefer...(somewhat...I'm in Acushnet...)

well known here..new local reefer,that's what i like to see..happy trails!i'm right in raynham originally fro t-town...actually ran a small shop in the green for 2 years.plenty of expierience if u ever need to ask a question.on my second tank now.started with a 65aga,now almost 2 years into my newest reef.stainless 120 oceanic tech series.strictly sps with the exceptance of a few hot zoas and some lps brain coral,lobo,acan,oh and my sweet orange fungia plate coral..more than welcome to come check out my set-up..

Welcome! The members on the site are very knowledgeable and helpful, don't hesitate to ask anything!

Good luck with the new tank :)

Back