Hi New to the Hobby... I have a 90 gal. w/70+ lbs of LR , 80+ lbs of LS,

BackInTheTank

Non-member
Hi I am looking for some tips and suggestions on my tank. It is a 90 gal, +70lbs LR, 80+lbs LS, a pair of orange perc clowns, a pair of black clowns, sailfin tang, blenny, cleaner shrimp, and snails and hermits ,2 emerald crabs, 2 pom pom crabs... for Coral's I have a really large colony of zoo's bright neon green, also a small growing frag of zoo's red skirt and a green disk, don't really know the names of these types of zoo's, also have a favia frag 2" dia, also have a purple goni frag 2" dia, and also a lagre green goni size of baseball, frogspawn i headed frag, hammer 2 headed frag, and a torch 3 headed frag, 16 headed toxic waste trumpet, Ken. tree frag and another leather frag not to sure of its name. I have recently found chalice growing on one of my LR 2 spots about 1"-2" dia, and have aslo noticed some sponge like things starting to grow in some areas.... No sump, No skimmer, I do Have 48" T5 4 bulb w/moonlight LED's....AGAIN I am new to the Hobby and would like some input on what I really need to have in my tank next... I plan on getting a overflow box and a sump/ref. with skimmer inside when I have the $$.. So please any input would be great..

Welcome to the BRS! What are you using for filtration? I would go with the sump and skimmer as soon as possible.

Sounds like a very cool tank! I would say with the setup you have and while saving $$ for a sump/skimmer just make sure you do good size water changes religiuosly and you should have some nice powerheads for cirulation in there. Did you inherit this tank?
Good luck

Welcome .. I can say they are some pretty cool people on here . Very helpful with lot's of insight and totally friendly .

I am almost ready to get a membership but not sure if I should go to a meeting first ..

Last edited:
I am almost ready to get a membership but not sure if I should go to a meeting first ..

there is a meeting in two weeks from this coming sunday in Framingham, you should definately come Percy, should be a good time :)

i would love to formally meet you and talk reef ;)

You'll love the meetings.
I only attended half of one, I wish we had more time on the weekends.

hey everyone... Thanks for the great welcome to BRS ... here are some pics of my 90 gallon... No everyone be nice... this was and is my first time with any type of fish tank... and I did inherit the tank and stand no life at all... so I ran my cycle with LS and LR and it has been up up and away from there... I want everything I see. and I am slowly learning to research it before I buy ... so Please forgive the quality of the pics .. they are from My Iphone... but please critic ... I will love all the input good or Bad....
http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z331/BackInTheGame79/

Back