Hi Peoples :)

CJ*

Non-member
I kept reef tanks for 5/6 years, after spending 3 years talking to other reefers in RC and Reefs irc chat and drooling over their tank pics. I have been without a tank for a few years and itching to get my hands back in some salt water. But I have well water here and I'm really hesitant to set up a tank until I move somewhere else. When the guys came to deliver and hook up my washer and dryer they said that the water here is the worst on appliances.... I don't want to send any fishes to their doom so I will probably just hang around and drool over everyone else's tanks for awhile. I'm tempted to try just some shrooms and a couple fishies...... but then I would just want a bigger tank and more tanks and it would never end until I ran out of money. LOL

Welcome to the BRS!

Well water can be filtered with an RO/DI unit. We have a whole house filter that is attached near the well pump/tank. This filters all the water in the house to reduce the mineral deposits in and on everything (tub, toliet, appliances, etc). We then have an RO/DI unit for the tank, which clears out what's left in the water very nicely. It's not impossible to have a reef tank with a well. :)

you could always start small and move into a larger tank if you move. Or sooner, but it seems you have already plans to upgrade before even starting! :D

Well, I know from past experiences that once I get one tank set up then I want more! I had 5 going at once before and I would upgrade and keep the old tank too. I just got back from visiting my friend in KS who has a 400 gallon display tank and well..... she is a bad influence on me. LOL

Seeing her tanks again really made me miss my fishies. But I know better then to jump into something that I am not ready for. The sucky thing is I had a brand new Air Water Ice Typhoon III before I moved to MA and I let it go along with about 5k worth of stuff for $500. It all went to a good home, but I miss my tank. I had just got it set up the way I had wanted it too. If I could get myself to avoid the clams and sps and just stuck with a few leathers, shrooms, a pair of percs and a blenny or something small like that then I would set up another tank. But I know I will want more. I think I am a reefaholic, I kinda recovered but I don't know how strong I am to resist it again. LOL

Well, if you are a reefaholic, you came to the right place for a fix! :D Too bad you let go of the AWI Typhoon III, that would have come in very handy right now. keep an eye out in our marketplace for some good deals!

Welcome to the club!! I'm another of many here who tend to know a little about reefing addiction. :D

Thanks. :)
I'm currently looking around my room seeing what pieces of furniture I could move to make room for a tank..... then my roommate reminded me of the 3 day long power outage winter before last and the 8 hour power outage last winter. I'm trying to talk myself out of getting another tank, but it's not working too well. I still want one. >_>

I blame this tank.....
73242_1409671205913_1356457256_30925701_1709423_n.jpg

and these cute little fishies!
71593_1402466065789_1356457256_30911356_8004434_n.jpg

I miss my black and white Perc's and my orange and white ones too.
I'm not thinking about anything that big though..... maybe just a 30 or 40. lol

Thanks, just so there's no confusion that's my friends tank, the tank that made me miss having a tank.

I'm kind of afraid to ask, but are there any good fish stores off 495? I'm hoping that you guys say no, that way I'm less likely to get in trouble. LOL

Back