Hippo tang sick- white square on stomach-help!!!!!

KristyM

Non-member
I just got home from school and my hippo tang is on the sand bed with a large white patch on her stomach. She was not like this yesterday. I did give her little pieces of white bread as a snack not sure if that is the cause. Does anyone have any ideas?
tn_20150120_143157.jpg

Can't say for certain if the bread had anything to do with it. The fish is stressed out for some reason though. They will temporarily lose color. Let it rest. While waiting for it to recuperate, try this. Hold your left hand straight out then, using your right hand, smack the left one as hard as you can while saying, "Never feed bread to the fish!".

I've read of people using peas as a laxative for freshwater fish. I don't know too much about it but you can try doing a search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see her ribs!!! You really need to fatten that fish up, providing it makes it through the night. I have a blue hippo and never fed him bread....... I feed pellets and sea veggies and he is a brilliant deep blue. What size tank do you have and what are your par numbers?

Back