Hitchhiker ID help

MPS

Auto feeder
Tanks been running for 8-9 months and this is the first time I've seen this little critter. Looks like he was just grazing but I removed him to the QT tank. Can any one tell me what it might be?

Attachments

• IMG_2597.jpg
    IMG_2597.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 173
looks like a stomatella. Good guy
Did a search on your I.D. and you called it that seems to be it. Now I got to return him back to the tank. I don't know why but I think everything is evil in the tank until proven otherwise...I need to relax.

Did a search on your I.D. and you called it that seems to be it. Now I got to return him back to the tank. I don't know why but I think everything is evil in the tank until proven otherwise...I need to relax.

Years ago when I got my first FOWLR tank, I was the same way. Pods, Stomatella's, Bristle Worms, etc... I panicked when I first found them. I finally learned that 3/4 of what you find is actually good and a sign of a healthy, mature system. Still doesn't hurt to be cautious in case he is a bad guy.

These are nice, docile grazers and should breed easily in your tank. They are also the speedsters of the snail world - can move very fast. I came across this old picture recently - I like the little one peeking over the top of the frag rack.

Attachments

• stoma.jpg
    stoma.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 130
Back