Hitchiker Crab ID

TomD

Non-member
I just want to verify that this is a decorator crab because I never had one before. It has 2 things that come out of it's mouth that kind of look like feather dusters.

I have no idea where this guy came from but he is pretty cool looking.

Attachments

• H Crab1.jpg
    H Crab1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 151
porceline crab with out spell cheak.. they sell em so someone prob missed him.
filter feeder
. did someone sell you it as a decorator id be mad!. becorators are covered in what ever they can pick up bigger tan more spider like.
they things it waves are for filter feeding.

Yes, Porcelin and Deco I meant the same thing. I always call it decorator for some reason.

I got a bunch of chaeto from Skitpons and they sell them for $10. 3 Days later I found this little guy so I think it came it from the chaeto and got in through the fuge. I also got a Chiton! Good Stuff.

Thanks

yup porcelean crab, they are filter feeders and are reef safe. cool little guys, they wave those mits around to collect food particles. they go for around $10- 15 bucks so you got a good hitchhiker :)

thats a pretty porceline crab. i once had a few as hitchhikers on live rock. enjoy em cuz watching them, filter the plankton from the water is awesome.

That looks exactly like the ones I got on my Tampa Bay Saltwater rock. They are awesome. It's funny when they punch obnoxious hermits in the face.

Well actually I pulled out 3 Mantis, Aiptasia, Whelk Snails, and gorilla crabs 4 months ago.

This is the first good hitchiker I have ever had!

Back