How about a Refractometer buy?

Armando

v 4.0
Pooled buy, group buy or whatever you want to call it. It's been a while since the last one.

I'm interested, but only if it is a high quality model. The crappy flimsy one i'll pass.

just an FYI. Marc on the cape has some, cause I got mine from him at a excellent price. and AA had one or two last time I was in. I don't know if anyone needs one fast, but they are reasonably priced...

If you do get one, they make one that has a built in light and instead of the level being a light blue...there is one thats litterally dark purple. I broke mine and didn't want to spend the money for one like that again. If memory serves it was about 80.00 or so. I would recommend...to everyone except armando, who probably wont live through the weekend :)

Good luck guys...armando, i dont need one but if you do a pooled order let me know the price...if its really good ill order as well, but I have no need for one right now...it would be a 2nd backup.

Thanks,

Casey

the important thing to me is quality. the first one i bought, a black one, was very good, accurate. but the little pin rusted and now it only moves with some arm wrestling.

the second one is a blue body type. i don't trust it. the readings fluctuate a lot by touching the lid so i'll never know what is the salinity.

Interested, but a little pressed for cash. I don't think I'll be able to afford anything above $75-80. what price rang are you looking at, Armando?

price depends on what the sponsors come up with. marine depot sells the standard model for $69 and the heavy-duty, screwdriverless model for $89.

There are different "blue" ones as well. There are several manufacturers that sell under the name "model rhs-10atc" but they are all slightly different. The original black ones we had were definitely spotty for quality, and I've seen a few clubs do GB's on them. The "blue" ones we are using now seem good, they are reasonably priced and don't seem to vary on readings from one to another. To go from one like this that retails in the 50 dollar range to the next quality level, you jump up into the 80-150 dollar range and are probably going to find it harder to GB something like that do to the price range and lesser demand.

I too am interested... I really like the one with the light built in and was thinking that would be the one I buy...... my tanks are in the daylight basement and it is not so daylight ;)

Denise

I've decided to get a digital unit instead so i'll leave the thread up to a member/vendor/sponsor/etc to continue. thanks.

I didn't think the digitals were any more accurate then the refracto's is this right or wrong?

Denise Goodheart said:
I too am interested... I really like the one with the light built in and was thinking that would be the one I buy...... my tanks are in the daylight basement and it is not so daylight ;)

Denise

I just pick up a flashlight and aim it at the front of the device, why worry about batteries in another device?
M.

i need to do something within the next couple of days.. i need to hypo my fish and cannot without this device.
may just look to get this one that is on sale for $43.00, if nothing happens here.

Attachments

• refractometer.jpg
    refractometer.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 184
Back