How many barebottom reefers do we have?

I've always been a big proponent of water changes.. I don't see the point in what seems to be a badge of honor (I haven't done a water change in a year and everything looks great!). Blah. You pay for it sooner or later.. change the water! Heh.

Generally avoiding water changes ends up meaning more overall work as you try to combat the eventual nutrient buildup. My momma always said, and ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.. :p

We mostly do "ssb" now. I hate barebottom for looks. But it works. People like to blame things when their tank crashes.. if the tank has sand, they blame the sand. If it's barebottom, they blame that. Usually it's something else entirely.

In most cases people are blaming there DSB for there lack of maintenance.

Amen brother.

When I first met Jeremy at CRA, he mentioned how DSB was the current "popular method". Right now BB seems to be more popular. Who know what's going to be hot in a year or two!?

:D Plenums anyone!???

I just started a 29 gal bb tank at work. It been running for 2.5 months now and I have a 1.5" maxima clam, 6 acro frags 1 green digi, a 4"x5" purple rimed cap and 2 fishes. Everything is doing great and I have a Iwaki 30RLT + a maxi 1200 for flow. Every thing seems happy except I cant get the clam to stay put.
For skimmer I'm running a Aqua medic T1000 multi with a 20 gal sump. I'm not sure if I'm going to use any phosphate remover yet.

Back