how often do you feed ur fish?

newfish

newfish
I have a 55gl. it has a flamehawk ,tomato clown, 6 line wrasse and a fire shrimp all are no more than an inch or inch in half.I was feeding them a 2 cubes a day. I was told I am feeding them to much. is one cube a day enough or to much? how much should I be feeding them and how often? how often do you feed yours? thanks for any advice in advance

you could probably get away with 1/2 cube per day in my opinion. feed a little bit, watch them eat all of it, then feed a little bit more.

6 times a day. not only feeding your fish, your feeding critters, snails crabs the whole eco system. fat fish are happy disease free fish

That's great if you have a system that can handle it. But I'll bet most do not. I mean even breaking cubes into 1/6 of purchase size and dumping... with several small feedings aggressive eaters might out compete more timid fish. Then again feeding a whole cube at once will likely cause a good amount of uneaten bits to settle in the tank possibly causing excess nutrient problems.

I feed a piece of frozen and some nori daily and have an auto feeder that drops in pellets 2 times daily. But I have 18 fish some are 5 to 6 inches long.

I don't think someone with a 55 gallon with 3 fish should be feeding 4,5, or 6 times daily. The fish will be just as happy with a 1/2 to 1 cube a day

This is not going to be what people want to hear but I just went over a month without feeding my tank. I was gone on my honey moon back in December and when I got back my tank fell into a state of disarray. I have since begun to fix this problem. But I went well over 4 weeks without feeding, my tangs got a little thin during this time but managed to survive off the algae that naturally growing on my rocks and glass. Also all my fish were able to live off the pods in my tank, the population it probably way down for pods but all the fish are happy and healthy.

It really depends on what you have for pods and other natural foods.

I also have a very high bio load with approximately 20 fish in a 120 mixed reef.

Back