How to program Apex to turn on Skimmer after main pump

uhupong

BRS Member
Hi All,

If anyone know, can you please tell me how to program apex Jr to turn Skimmer outlet on a couple minutes after the main pump turn on?

This is in case of power return after failure so water level in my sump will go down first(pump on) hence Skimmer will not overflow.

Right now when ever power out, both of my pump and Skimmer turn on at the same time which doesn't allow water level in the sump to set at proper level.

Appreciate all suggestions, thanks !!
Pong

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

See what you can do with the hystersis options. You might have to run the skimmer as a light to get that option, but if you figure out how to set the hystersis it will delay the turn on after being out for how ever long you set it.

Edit, I just checked on mine. Yes, set the skimmer up as a light that never goes off, then you get the hystersesis option which will allow you to dealy the restart. I think you can set the outlet to come on and go off at the same time and it will work to stay on all the time. If not you may need to have it turn off at 12:00 and turn back on at 12:01 (which would have the nice side effect of backflushing the venturi once every day).

You could also get into custom programming, but that's way over my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
John, thank you sir. i will try your suggestion.

Just curious, why restart skimmer pump have a good side effect?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

^Why is backflusing the venturi is good?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, just because normally the air inlet in most venturis slowly become obstructed with salt over time. By daily backflusing you would mostly if not completely eliminate this. Just that much less often you would need to clean the skimmer pump.

Back