I’m getting a 90 gallon!

Jelandusn

Non-member
Please help me do things right. I had a 75 for a year or so but it crashes twice before finally springing a leak. I shoved everything into a 29 gallon and gave away a few fish that wouldn’t fit. That was going well until I dropped my light fixture in the tank. I’ve been running it with just the one fixture which isn’t nearly enough for the coral. It’s probably pretty close to crashing so I decided to get a bigger tank instead of replacing the light. I’ve found a 90 gallon reef ready for sale and plan to buy it. I have the light that I used for my 75 and a homemade sump but that’s about it. I’d like to be able to grow sps and have nice color but that might be out of my budget. I’d be happy with just lps.
What are some must haves and brand suggestions? Preferably lower cost. I’m impressed with the vortech stuff but that’s out of my budget for now. Hopefully there’s something that does a good job but won’t leave us eating romen for a year.

I have plenty of used and new equipment available for sale. Please drop by and we can plan out an affordable but good plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you get an upgrade even though it was under bad circumstances. I use black box LED’s. It really is your choice on what you should get for lights if you prefer t5 MH or LED. I would suggest if you go LED go with three black boxes to get better par in the tank. That would run you 300-350. A skimmer is definitely helpful. Cheaper version is a coralife 65 I think it is rated for only 75 gallons though I would have to check that. Get two heaters Incase one kicks the bucket so your inhabitants don’t freeze.

I use a jeacod wave maker cp-40 which is a powerhouse on my 75. If you have a corner overflow you will fine. I put my overflow in the middle and it breakers my gyre up too early. Others like the Jaebo circulation pumps and return pumps because you can dial them in and they are cheaper than the more expensive all star brands like vortech and tzune.

Thank you so much!! I will definitely do this! It would be great to have advice from an expert. I’ll text you once I have it and have water in it. Maybe a month or so.

I have plenty of used and new equipment available for sale. Please drop by and we can plan out an affordable but good plan.

Thank you. I’ll look into the wave maker. For now I have a light that should work hopefully.

Glad to hear you get an upgrade even though it was under bad circumstances. I use black box LED’s. It really is your choice on what you should get for lights if you prefer t5 MH or LED. I would suggest if you go LED go with three black boxes to get better par in the tank. That would run you 300-350. A skimmer is definitely helpful. Cheaper version is a coralife 65 I think it is rated for only 75 gallons though I would have to check that. Get two heaters Incase one kicks the bucket so your inhabitants don’t freeze.

I use a jeacod wave maker cp-40 which is a powerhouse on my 75. If you have a corner overflow you will fine. I put my overflow in the middle and it breakers my gyre up too early. Others like the Jaebo circulation pumps and return pumps because you can dial them in and they are cheaper than the more expensive all star brands like vortech and tzune.

Since you want to keep corals and don't want to spend a lot of money on Light, Powerheads, and other stuffs, then I would suggest to get a 75RR over a 90RR. It is much cheaper and easier to light and move water for a 75 than a 90 gallons. A new 75RR is 275 dollars (jay's aquatics in NH), there isn't much saving to buy a used 90 gallons. Get the Corner overflow tank (Marineland) so it would be easier to position the powerheads and flows.

Does the tank come with a stand? I am not picky about size. It just needs to be 48in because that’s what size my light is.

Since you want to keep corals and don't want to spend a lot of money on Light, Powerheads, and other stuffs, then I would suggest to get a 75RR over a 90RR. It is much cheaper and easier to light and move water for a 75 than a 90 gallons. A new 75RR is 275 dollars (jay's aquatics in NH), there isn't much saving to buy a used 90 gallons. Get the Corner overflow tank (Marineland) so it would be easier to position the powerheads and flows.

No, its the Tank only. Dimensions are 48"L x 18"W x 21"H. Its the same as the 90 gallons, just 4" shorter.

Really?! The tank, stand and sump for $100? How old is it? I’m hoping for one on the newer side since the last one I got used spring a leak a couple of months after I got it.

[Qbought E="Jelandusn, post: 1349166, member: 10801"]Really?! The tank, stand and sump for $100? How old is it? I’m hoping for one on the newer side since the last one I got used spring a leak a couple of months after I got it.[/QUOTE]
I bought tank and stand sump used.Tank has scratches. I have this tank for 2.5 years,
If u would like I can send u pictures.
Please text me @338-222-8803.
Everything is in good shape.
Tank has water ,some corals and fish.I getting out of the hobby.

Hi,
I sent a text. Not sure if you got them. Something came up and I’m not going to get the tank I was originally going to get but I’m very interested in yours.

[Qbought E="Jelandusn, post: 1349166, member: 10801"]Really?! The tank, stand and sump for $100? How old is it? I’m hoping for one on the newer side since the last one I got used spring a leak a couple of months after I got it.
I bought tank and stand sump used.Tank has scratches. I have this tank for 2.5 years,
If u would like I can send u pictures.
Please text me @338-222-8803.
Everything is in good shape.
Tank has water ,some corals and fish.I getting out of the hobby.[/QUOTE]

Back