I just setup NP BioPellets on my system

That actually not a bad idea. I have a old Fluval that I am sure I could rig up, and get it to work. I have all these BioPellets, and no place to use them. I think they could work wonders on his tank.

I would use the JBJ Chiller Installation Kit and the BRS Single Reactor or some other reactor. If you can fit a maxi jet 900 in the rear chamber, do that. If not, use an external pump, but use ball valves on both the input and output hose in either case if you go with this setup. This is what I use on my 28G JBJ nano cube and it works well.

So if bacterial activity did begin to drop the O2 levels, I assume there would be a corresponding up-tick in CO2 levels, right? Or to put it another way: should PH be a reasonably reliable way to know that things are ok with regards to bacteria/O2 usage?

Pellets have been running on my tank since the beginning of February (no GFO). My tank continues to look fantastic. Algae growth and die-off has stabilized. I'm feeding a generous amount twice a day (1x pellet, 1x frozen), and my corals are polyped out like I had never imagined they could. Colors are amazing, realistic without being that pastel color that people get when they Zeo.

My tank eventually stabilized at a pH of 7.8-8.0, compare this to 8.40-8.5 prior to the pellet installation.

I'm currently Using a BRS 2 stage reactor with a Mag7 for flow. Even with the Mag7 the pellets eventually stick together, but once a week I shake the reactor and they loosen up again. For an hour or so after the shakedown my tank turns a little cloudy, everything REALLY opens up their polyps, and then the cloudiness goes away.

My tank continues to read 0 nitrates and 0 phosphates with regular test kits, I do not have access to a phosphate meter.

All things considered my opinion is that these things are a home run.

Cool I was wondering what the verdict was on these I've been following along waiting for someone to post what they really thought. Anyone else? You guys have been running these for awhile now.

Well I have been running the biopellets since 4/16 so less then 2 weeks and my cyano algae is dying back, it is almost gone. The hair algae seems to be going away aswell. So far it seems to be working well.

Well it has been 2mos for me. I have some mixed results. I have 0phos, and 10 nitrates, BUT no wc since I put these in.:eek: I believe with proper wc I would have outstanding results. My coral looks great, and 2 chalices are growing, where one wasnt doing anything, and the other almost dead.

I used to feed my tank 3 times/week, and I have been feeding almost everyday, and very heavy. Also in this last two months I have added a calcium reactor, and 2 more fish, so I have been going thru some other changes as well.

I would also say these are a homerun;)

The bryopsis and hair algae are both continuing to die off. I would also usually see bits of cyano here and there before the pellets and haven't since I installed the reactor. I'm using 2 liters on a high nutrient 600 gallon system. It's been a slow up hill battle, but I'm not using nearly as much as is recommended.

My Dads 90 g tank has 500ml to help with high trates and an algea "issue". The pellets after initially causing a few problems have settled in nicely and are apparently doing their job because the algea is flaking off like old paint. Almost 80% gone. Its been a slow start but I have a good feeling about these little wonder pellets. Thumbs up!

I keep meaning to mention that the skimmate from my G6 has gone from nasty smelling to horrendous after adding the pellets. The volume hasn't changed, just the smell.

How does this compare to a Sulfur DeNITRIFIER? What are the pros and cons when comparing the two?

I ran one and currently have the pellets.

The pellets are supposed to provide beneficial bacteria for the corals and reduce phosphates to some extent. Guess Those would be the pros for the pellets.

The SD worked fine for nitrates only con and it was a pain the airline tubing was prone to clogging so it would cause the sulfur to go anaerobic which means you have to clean it out and start all over. Water changes a little more crucial with this also because of the added sulfur.

Okay well after a while now.. I honestly haven't seen any improvement of algea.. I thought it went away.. wrong. It didin't. It was the sea hare that i had in the tank because when i took it out the stuff just grew back... Well the sea hare is back in so we shall see.

I'm going to check my lvls this weekend to see where they are at because i have to do a water change,

bump, I am wondering how everyone else is doing with this. I have yet to see any real results other than my water being clearer.............

I started Mar 15. Nitrates zero, phosphate undectectable with 2 different test kits.
Hair algae doing just fine. had to mow it after I got home from work today. Don't know why the algae wont go away.:mad:

Back