I know I shouldn't have

Ray

frrrrunkis
BRS Member
And I know he will out grow this tank but I just couldnt help myself
He has not bothered any of the softies in the tank or the 2 anemones but I have not seen the 2 pepermint shrimp :eek:

Attachments

• PICT2187.JPG
    PICT2187.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 377
I want one so bad - I'm even trying to convince my husband that we need a bigger tank for our "wishlist" fish - me clown trigger, him dogface puffer. Ray, he's beautiful.

And he eats like a pig! It is nice to get a fish in thaat tank that is doing good, for the longest time I had trouble adding fish and keeping them alive....then again when you start buying the harder fish to keep that will happen.
I got a great deal on him at Sea Creatures in Revere. They were nice enough to cut me a brake because a fish I bought from them only lasted a week, just stopped eating. Not that I expected them to do that but it was nice to see them stand behind their fish after the return polocy was past.

Good luck Ray!! I never had one other than a niger leave snail, crabs or shrimp alone. The softees should be fine with the trigger.

Terry Seigel keeps a couple in his reef.
Find him at the Reefs.Org booth and discuss!

Ray your crazy!! I love them too.. how big is he .. I have dealt with them a few times at the store.. watcha back when your working on the tank .. they bite!

He is about 2 inches. Thanks for the heads up, I think I am more scared of that chromis in that tank, he is pretty tough ;)

Ray,
If the only things not safe while he is around are shrimps, SPS, and snails, then i think i can have one myself :)

Seriously, are they reefsafe? if you dont keep the animals above?

Pinkskunk said:
Ray,
If the only things not safe while he is around are shrimps, SPS, and snails, then i think i can have one myself :)

Seriously, are they reefsafe? if you dont keep the animals above?

No, they're not reef safe at all.
They'll make short work of most inverts.
They'll chomp away at soft coral, stony coral, and even LR.

They'll chomp away at fish smaller than they are.

Good luck Ray. He's a beauty. I had a niger that was perfectly behaved in my reef.

Alex

Ya the urchins seem to be gone along with the shrimp, hasnt touched the softies or anemones......YET

But is he worth it?? Do you just love him?? Aren't you supposed to feed them shrimp (with the shells) and clams so they can grind down their teeth?? I want one so bad....keep us posted on the "reef safe" issue (or lack thereof!). :D

starrfish said:
....keep us posted on the "reef safe" issue (or lack thereof!). :D
There is no reef safety issue -- they are completely not reef safe.

Can you get away with having a non-reef safe organism in your reef? Well, that's another issue.

Matt:cool:

There are reef safe triggers. The clown just ain't one of 'em.
If this fish was reef safe, I think everyone would have one. ;)

As far as clown triggers go... Sure they eat heaters and heater cords, which can electricute the tank...

Mine essentially ate my 14 inch dogface puffer. Long story, but a good one. Ask me sometime. bring tissues..

Having said that, I haven't seen another
one that I didn't at least contemplate buying.
You know, maybe I just got one that had a bad childhood.

Maybe they are reef safe,
you just need a full size reef!!!???

Back