I need help moving a tank....

JayM

Is the algae gone yet?
BRS Member
I have a pretty heavy tank I need help moving from my truck.

It's about 5 minutes' work, but I think it's a 3 person job.

Anyone around in metrowest who can help out?

Many thanks in advance.....

Yes it does

Yes the real world should leave us all alone To enjoy our hobby. The Real world needs to mind its own business

Thanks to everyone who offered to help.

....to fit a 60"+ tank into my truck, I had to remove the third row of seats, and fold the second row all the way forward. I unexpectedly had to drive a long way, (file that under the real world sucking) - and wanted to avoid subjecting the tank to the un-needed stress on it of bouncing around on any more miles of crappy Massachusetts roads, and stress on me of not being able to see anything behind me. There was also a bunch of stuff I had to carry in the truck for the trip, and needed the space.

I was able to cover the back of the truck with a padded blanket, use the bumper as a fulcrum, and remove the tank with no damage to the truck or tank. My back is another story :(

I will need help to move it anywhere else, but it is safe for the time being....and until it's drilled, the stand is in place, and the overflow is designed and installed, no reason for it to move. One step at a time.

On the bright side...the tank is pretty awesome :D

I bought a 60" 180, 60x24x31 high from http://www.oceanviewaquariums.net/ who is the 'stock size' subsidiary of deep sea aquatics. http://www.deepseaaquatics.net/ Props to bobbofin, who pointed them out.

They are the 'old' Oceanic guys. The plastic rim and glass center brace on the tank are indistinguishable from another large oceanic tank I saw.

Seams look good, glass looks good, silicone looks good. I compromised on height, but I will make up for it with a ~4" sand bed, and I think with the halides and LED's that I am planning for, it will be just fine.

Last edited:
That is the same size as mine... I really like mine, except I wish my arms were longer!

Here is a crappy, slightly out of focus iPhone photo, but it gives an idea about how the overall dimensions work....
photo(3).jpg

mine isn't going to have the 2 rear overflows, but rather one calfo style along about 22" at the back.

what are you using for flow and light on it?

I think I would prefer your overflows... having the two can create some dead spots in the rear.

For flow I am using mainly two Vortechs. I also have supplemented the back with a couple small powerhead to move a couple dead spots.

For lights I am using the ATI Powermodule, 8x80w. It is a 5 foot fixture. Gives plenty of light all the way to the bottom.

Back