Need Help Moving Kenya Tree

GobyWanKenobie

BRS Member
My kenya tree has outgrown my biocube. I would like to move it to my 72 gallon tank, but it is mounted on a base rock. If I move the rock, the whole setup will collapse. I am hesitant to just cut it off since the base is so big, and I'm worried about what it might release into the water when it is injured. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My kenya tree has outgrown my biocube. I would like to move it to my 72 gallon tank, but it is mounted on a base rock. If I move the rock, the whole setup will collapse. I am hesitant to just cut it off since the base is so big, and I'm worried about what it might release into the water when it is injured. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Shut off all the flow and just cut it at the base. Don't be shy, just go for it.

You will have to mount it in the new tank. Maybe the toothpick or rubber band method. Do some research on re-mounting it. You'll be fine.

O.K., I'll muster up the courage. I've mounted them before, but usually they are pieces that broke off the larger one. I just hate that slimey stuff, and the reef gloves are huge on me. Thanks for the reply.

Back