I should probably introduce myself...

ElvishFrost

Non-member
Hi All,

I've been lurking around and posting, and I've gotten plenty of great information from this forum, and from it's members. And I've never really introduced myself. My name is Jason and I currently have a 29g sps dominated reef tank, this was setup from the teardown of my 90g reef, which was up and running for about 14 months. For flow I'm using 2 Koralia "1"'s, and a mj1200 for some behind the rocks flow through the day (on a timer). Using an aqua C Remora HOB skimmer, and a MJ 1200 is pushing that. Also using a medium sized CPR HOB refugium w/ LR rubble, a 3" or so SB, and cheato, halimeda, spaghetti worms, brittle stars, cerith's, and lots of life. My lighting is a 175w MH retro. Using a PFO 24" reflector. Ushio 10k bulb, 130w of PC actinic 460nm. ICEcap electronic ballast for the MH, and a reg workhorse 5 ballast for the PC. My livestock consists of a pair of B/W Ocellaris clownfish, a yellow watchman goby, a skunkline cleaner shrimp, and a black/red striped serpent starfish. And I'll post pics of the tank and my corals here and in the following posts. Thanks for looking!

DSC02819.jpg

DSC02820.jpg

DSC02821.jpg

DSC02822.jpg

Welcome! I have a question, are those metal clamps on the ph hooked up to your skimmer, and if so aren't you worried about rust? There are some plastic ones avail. on the market. Drs Foster and Smith have them.

Welcome! I have a question, are those metal clamps on the ph hooked up to your skimmer, and if so aren't you worried about rust? There are some plastic ones avail. on the market. Drs Foster and Smith have them.

Yes they are, and they are gone :D For whatever reason, when I did it initially...my brain wasn't processing saltwater + metal = bad things...lol but yes they have been since removed. Thanks alot!

Back