I think I got taken? Itrader great idea

buffalobill

Non-member
I'm not sure what my options are because I have never been in this boat. I bought a phosphate reactor from someone on Reefcentral. I bought it back on June 2. So June "10" I email him asking about it. He gets back to me on the "14" and says he's in Hong Kong and he will get it out to me the thursday June "17" and that he was sorry. I' emailed him on the 21 but no replies.

A little background the person has posted over 3000 times and had been a member for over 10. He lives in Chicago and he broke down his tank and was taken a break from the hobby. He was selling alot of stuff so I thought he would legit.

I payed with paypal so is there anything I can do? I'm not sure if I am overreacting or not. I did'nt notice itrader until recently and don't think he had a score. What would you guys do?I'm pretty upset eventhough the reactor wasn't that much but say it was a skimmer or light I couldn't imagine losing that much money. I guess this could happen to anyone so be careful....Itrader is a great idea and I will now pay more attention.

Personally, I would consider the money lost and try to fix the stuff. Still pursue him and if you do get the money back think of it as a bonus.

You have 30 days to file a claim threw pay paypal. Give that a shot it might get his attention.

Ok I'll try to file a claim. I guess your right Liam for some reason I thought they had it but I guess not.
Thanks
Kevin

I have used the paypal claim service several times and its worked for me.

Sucks about the stuff though.

Personally, I'd bump the for sale thread.... see if anyone else is having the same problem.

something like...

"hey, Just wondering if your back from Hong Kong, yet? I was wondering when you are going to ship my phosban reactor."

Then wait. See if you get the ... "yea, anyone else get their stuff??" posts. They usually will come pretty quick. If you don't get a response by the end of the weekend, I'd go the paypal route.

Well, I already went the paypal route. The reason being if I forgot to send something out before I went away to someone I would then make the effort to ship it the fastest way even if it cost me out of my own pocket. I think this person doesn't care probably had a great time spending my 30 in Hong Kong on a nice dinner.
Thanks
Kevin

Well, I already went the paypal route. The reason being if I forgot to send something out before I went away to someone I would then make the effort to ship it the fastest way even if it cost me out of my own pocket. I think this person doesn't care probably had a great time spending my 30 in Hong Kong on a nice dinner.
Thanks
Kevin

You could be correct... I don't know.

When stuff like this happens, I am reminded of the thread on a camera forum a few years back. This guy sold a bunch of stuff for some big $$. Turned out only half the people got their stuff. This was much bashing in the thread. Eventually, someone came on and said his wife died. I believe he got the stuff shipped out eventually, but people had a bit of a wait a few weeks. There was much apologizing going on. Sometimes life gets in the way... Of course, sometimes people are just jerks.

Wow I would feel bad if that is the situation. I just feel like since this guy is getting out of the hobby he probably will never come back to the site. I guess I only have a certain amount of time before paypal will not hear this claim. I understand what your saying though.
Thanks
Kevin

Wow I would feel bad if that is the situation. I just feel like since this guy is getting out of the hobby he probably will never come back to the site. I guess I only have a certain amount of time before paypal will not hear this claim. I understand what your saying though.
Thanks
Kevin

sorry, didn't mean to make you feel bad. He probably is a jerk, I just wanted to point out there could be something else going on. :eek:

Guess who got back from Hong Kong today and noticed I filed a complaint with paypal? So the reactor is going up for sale again and he's refunding my money. Thanks everyone for the support. Lesson was learned.

Guess who got back from Hong Kong today and noticed I filed a complaint with paypal? So the reactor is going up for sale again and he's refunding my money. Thanks everyone for the support. Lesson was learned.

And, it turns out he actually was a jerk.... Glad it all worked out.. :cool:

Back