Illuming.com

Just ordered a Phoenix 250 for $55 shipped from illuming at 11:00 last night. (holiday) I recieved a tracking number at roughly 9:00 Am this morning. I will update when I get the bulb, but so far, I'm very impressed, and no one even comes close to their price.

naw, they pretty much just sell the Phoenix 14Ks.

But shipping is included in that $55 price, so there no real need to order a bunch of things at once. (especially seeing how everyone else has gone from $55 to about $80 in the last year)

update: Bulb works fine, but is extremely blue on Icecap, like 20K blue.

Looks much nicer, IMO on the HQI.. just had to move things around a bit.

never again

tried buying some bulbs, rejected paypal, rejected credit card, emailed the guy and I guess they were out of stock, said he would see "if" he could get them and for how much, 4 days ago still havent heard from him. since bought from a real vendor.

tried buying some bulbs, rejected paypal, rejected credit card, emailed the guy and I guess they were out of stock, said he would see "if" he could get them and for how much, 4 days ago still havent heard from him. since bought from a real vendor.

Had the same issues with the guy myself. I ended up getting my bulbs from [another vendor]. Payed about $10 more including shipping for 2 bulbs, but got them right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up canceling my order with him because his check out page isn't secure. To process payment He has a login to pay-pal from his non secure web page. The page should be using HTTPS and it isn't, which means your password and login are transmitted unencrypted. This is the most basic layer of security he should be providing his customers.

update: Bulb works fine, but is extremely blue on Icecap, like 20K blue.

Looks much nicer, IMO on the HQI.. just had to move things around a bit.

I found there is no difference in color (not just by me) for the 14K Pheonix bulbs on HQI (magnetic Ocean Light) ballast and IceCap e-ballast.

Ed, I read recently that the factory that produces these things is being moved, so theyre just not available right now, and any that are for sale are just what are in people's current stock.

I found there is no difference in color (not just by me) for the 14K Pheonix bulbs on HQI (magnetic Ocean Light) ballast and IceCap e-ballast.

Wierd, there was a huge difference in color between my icecap and my geissman nova pendant. Maybe it was just the fact that it was significantly brighter on the HQI.

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back