I'm not a CBB matchmaker

~Flighty~

Now with more baby
It looks like my second attempt at Copperband butterfly matchmaking isn't working out. I just introduced the CBB that has been in my fuge for a month into the main tank. I had to do it last night because of a power failure. I had an airstone for the main tank and one for the overflow :rolleyes: (my darn LMB is in there :eek: ), but I didn't have one for the fuge, so he got promoted to the main tank.

It dosn't look good for love.

Anyone else trying to pair a fish? My mandarins seem to be happier together every day at least.

Maybe if you set the male up with a large bank acct. Maybe a Visa gold, some tickets to a hard to get into show, reservations at a nice live pod resturaunt....you know "stuff"...you ladys are very material....is that the right word? Material? (I'm looking for a word describing gold diggers..gold digging.)

I think my problem is getting a pair of the same sex twice in a row. Maybe if I move to MA.... Ok, bad joke :)

Or maybe if you had shared some of that stuff you've been drinking with the CBBs, they would be more in the mood for pairing up :D :rolleyes:

Nuno

Darren - you are toooooo funny! Cindy, do you know if you have males or females? I'm just wondering if we could pair up my crazy [male?] who's been chasing his reflection for a week with one of yours if they are female?

As far as I can find out there is no way to tell the difference between males and females. It just seems like sometimes they pair and sometimes they don't. I don't know if there is a size factor too, like the female needs to be larger or something.

Cindy, I just looked around and none of the ID sites have a clue as to sex differences.
The best pairing info I could find was the hit or miss method your trying now and also watch the lfs for 2 that are displaying pairing behavoir.
The discription of pairing behavoir that I've found was discribed as: the male swimming ahead of female with forlorn appearance and head low, female close behind with mouth moving rapidly....

One Eye said:
the male swimming ahead of female with forlorn appearance and head low, female close behind with mouth moving rapidly....

Sounds like my dating life before getting married :)

LOL, I resemble that remark. Isn't there trash you should be taking out or gutters that need cleaning?

I can't find the second one now. He/she was pretty stressed and hiding yesterday and I couldn't get it out. I'll take mine out today if I need to. I hope the other one does ok. Another reason to use a specimin container rather than dumping them together, but with the power outage I didn't have much choice.

Cindy if you decide to find another home for that CBB let me know, Nancy and I have been thinking of getting one.

If he comes out of this ok I will be looking for a home for him. I would prefer to pass the poor guy on to someone who wants to give pairing their CBB a shot, just for research sake. You never see butterflys alone in the wild and for all we know, it might increace their tank longevity.

I might try to get two from the store next time. It is just hard to find two that look like they will definately make it.

Back