IM Nuvo Fusion 20 Build Thread. Dueling lights, 1 Kessil vs 1 AI Prime

Puff Daddy

Non-member
My 20 gallon IM nuvo fusion is being reborn. This is after I had an extremely aggressive black ocellaris clown that bullied the heck out of everyone. So she was given away and the other guys are back in QT to get fattened up before going back to the office (pellet only) tank.

I ended up putting a Kessil A160 on one side and an AI prime on the other. I think it will be fun to compare growth over the next year. I have them at the same power and approximately at the same color temperature profile. It is hard to tell much difference in the tank except the prime has some disco effect where it looks like some of the purple separates from the blue and white in the shimmer, but the difference is way less noticeable than I though it would be.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. The current plan for inhabitants will be 1 firefish, one occelaris, a black cap basset, and a tail spot blenny. There may be a 5th fish but we will see. The original cardinal fish I bought for it still is not eating pellets in my holding tank at home so he may stay there and be fed the tasty medley of frozen food I have the time to feed at home.

Here is Video number 1 of the reset:
https://youtu.be/LVgo_biA2YY

I also have an unboxing video if you are interested in the tank itself, I really like these for office tanks or even small tanks at home:
https://youtu.be/IkzyNmgTEJ4

Well in order to really compare you'd need almost identical frags of the same coral placed at identical heights. In my opinion it shouldn't be 2 fresh frags as there's a lot of stress when cutting up coral. They should have some time to heal and still be almost identical which is a tall order

Thanks for the advice. I'll frag them at home, let them heal and then put them in. I have some that are all ready similar at home. It is not perfect by any means, but it will be a fun, qualitative test. And if there is a huge difference in color or growth that might say something.

I'm mostly an SPS guy and have trouble with anything that is not SPS. I want this tank to be mixed and mostly non-sps since it is such a small tank with no skimmer or sump. Any suggestions on corals are welcome!

Maybe use a chalice coral of some type. They are hardy, easy to cut to similar shapes, and will heal quickly.

Back