in serach of a rodi auto-shutoff valve

dedfish

That's Mr.Murphy to you!
Anyone know of a local place to Boston to purchase a replacement auto-shuttoff valve for my rodi unit? I've fairly certain mine is shot and the cause of some of my water making problems.

Edit: Local because I hate ordering things and having them take a week to get here.

I might have seen one at skiptons, you could try giving them a call.

Just out of curiosity, why do you say your auto shut off is bad? (High TDS?, unit continues to produce waste water when off? Other?) FWIW, a common problem you can run into is if the auto shut off is shutting on and off frequently like when the unit is directly connected to a top off system. In that scenerio, there is an effect called "membrane creep" where the RO unit starts producing output water with an elevated TDS (eating DI cartridges like crazy and delivering not so pure water).

the unit isn't shutting off properly. The type of auto-shutoff I'm looking for is not the float switch type thing for installing in a holding container but the actual shutoff valve that will stop the unit from producing water when it senses the drinking water tank is filled.

I think this is the cause of the problem because the valve doesn't seem to stop the production of water with all output shutoff and if I 'hard plumb' the unit without the valve the water seems to produce a stable 0-1 tds reading. Before removing the valve the reading out the di would start off 0-1 and after filling the bucket up it would read 35+.

There is a filtration company right in Newton that returned my phone call. I should be able to pick one up whenever I can stop by.

Thanks

Back