Increase RO/DI output during winters cold water

lol @ engineer walls :p

re-reading the posts, I'd say the only thing to be worried about at all with pre-mixing hot and cold water into the RODI is the possibility of letting water from copper pipes making it through the membrane....I'm still fuzzy on what part of the ro/di clears copper residue from the water, but that would be a Very Bad Thing, imho.

If you want warm water for your RO/DI it's as simple as tapping off the feed line to your toilet bowl, its already mixed with hot to prevent the bowl from sweating.

Jim

Last edited:
Wouldn't simply running hot water from ones hot water tank significantly increase the TDS of the water going into the filter? Because of all the crap in the hot water tank?

If you want warm water for your RO/DI it's as simple as tapping off the feed line to your toilet bowl, its already mixed with hot to prevent the bowl from sweating.

Jim

Jim

they are????????????????/ im building a brand new house and ive never heard of that

If your feed to the toilet tank is not from a mixing valve you need a new plumber.

Jim

An insulation kit is much cheaper to install and use for the long run.

Proper conditioning of the air (AC) also does wonders.

Not being on the coast helps as well.

I have only the coastal air problem and my refrigerator sweats in the summer, and everything can get moist if the fog rolls in fast :)

Back