Jeff's M Fusion 20g mixed Reef Journal

29082529102_72d2411448_b.jpg

Looks a little over crowded to me. As your friend I'm willing to sacrifice and come help you out with that. :)

Looking good man.

Thanks Alex! Im sure we can frag some stuff for you. Hows the tank coming along? PICS!

Looks a little over crowded to me. As your friend I'm willing to sacrifice and come help you out with that. :)

Looking good man.

Thanks! Im looking forward to seeing this tank fully grown in. Hopefully soon! I think the photos came out pretty good with the iphone 7. I really love my rock anemones and mini-maxis, maybe more than the clam.

Last edited:
Thanks Nick. I'm liking the change back to T5's so far. I loved how the corals looked under the LED's, however growth rates were hurting for sure. LED's required a lot of tweaking to get into that sweet spot, by that point I found a great price for an ATI Powermodule and the rest is history. That being set, I am using 2 x E5 BLUE POP LED tubes in the Powermodule. I believe they have been a great LED alternative addition to my T5 fixture without ugly DIY mountings, ect.. They weren't cheap per bulb, but this way we have the best of both worlds and "designed" to last 8 years before dropping significant PAR (according to manufacturer).

http://www.euroquatics.com/e5-lamps/

Thanks! Not sure I'm going to upgrade anytime soon. Id love to see everything max out in this tank haha. Wall to wall, bottom to top SPS!

Hahaha - So many people have tried - MikeL, KSC, Alex, YukYuklee, PVH... There's something to be said about maintaining a smaller tank. Stability may be difficult to reign in, however the small volume makes water changes, dosing, equipment sizing, ect. much easier and cheaper. For example, this weekend I noticed the tank was off level near a 1/4" - lifted it, shimmed and leveled in 10 minutes. 50% Water changes under 10 minutes, beat that! Granted I will need to start fragging more often (when everything starts fighting), but I believe that's a good problem to have! I also love tanks that look jammed packed, nearly bonsai and manicured, which would take much longer with a larger tank.

Hey Jeff,
Try to put a tang in there! Beat that lol! :D

Very true, I miss the big fish: tangs, copperbands, large wrasse ect..

But easier maintenance of SPS/coral is more important to me, you know what they say - "99 problems but my fish ain't one" hahah

Back