• JYW-65.jpg
    JYW-65.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 720
Guys Sump test for power failure.... failed

Attachments

• JYW-66.jpg
    JYW-66.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 725
"Macro"? I believe it's a dandelion WEED that was picked from the lawn.

Attachments

• The Last Dandelion.jpg
    The Last Dandelion.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 721
Seriously, this was a really fun event. When I was told what was going to happen, I really didn't know how it was going to work out. The contestants had 75 minutes to set up fully-functional setups, and both teams actually did pull it off. Both teams drilled two holes in their respective tanks. Both teams had to install a drain line and a return line, install their sumps, and work together.

In the end, The Reefettes did a better job of aquascaping. Their tank drained quietly as they added a vent to the drain line, and their plumbing into the sump was fitted with a vent as well. In the event of a power outage, the sump didn't overflow.

The Reefers tank had a cool option in the drain line to handle easy water changes, but their sump couldn't hold the water draining down during a power outage. It was leaking out.

Looking at the two tanks side by side, the more visually appealing one was the one set up by the reefettes. Congrats, Ladies!

In the end, The Reefettes did a better job of aquascaping. Their tank drained quietly as they added a vent to the drain line, and their plumbing into the sump was fitted with a vent as well. In the event of a power outage, the sump didn't overflow.

The Reefers tank had a cool option in the drain line to handle easy water changes, but their sump couldn't hold the water draining down during a power outage. It was leaking out.

This might have had something to do with the reefettes being given a sump that was twice the size of the reefers! :rolleyes:

The honest truth was the ladies were just attending this event until the night before when Sue and I decided that we were going to do a tank, just to see what would happen. I'm more of an observer, not a do-er when it comes to plumbing. I had an absolute blast and can't wait to do this again. The competition was fun, the guys did a good job as well.

So.. I'm a newb. Who is who in all of these pics?

I'm in the pink shirt, Tabittha/Pillowfish (a.k.a. Natasha) is in the white shirt, Sue/SusyQ is in the navy t-shirt. Erica, our cheerleader, is the cutie in the pink shirt/yellow shorts.

I'm in the striped shirt and hat, Deryk (Deyon09) is the Rock Theif, Jason (of JasonandRay) is in the orange. Mauro is the one in the garage playing with the bike tire.

My name is Brian.

Last edited:
Back