Just a little rant

MarkSzy

BRS Member
I am so disappointed today, I placed my first online fish order and half of it showed up dead. One was a Blonde Naso that I have wanted forever!! It didn’t show up dead but it struggled all day and there was nothing I could do. I ordered from a company on the east coast thinking it would be safer but the fish got shipped from the west coast. We all try the best we can to give our fish the best homes they can have and I was hoping better for how the fish were shipped. This fish lost its life because it was sent in to small of a bag and not enough oxygen! I know online ordering is hit or miss but all our LFS get there stuff shipped to so that just shouldn’t be.

has anybody had good luck Blonde Naso shipping?

I was in there today looking for advice when the fish came in sick, they said I paid what they would for it so that would be hard to work out. Thank you though

^^^^^ This is why that crazy bill is being proposed........No animals across state lines thing. How many shipping deaths do we have each week?? Hell Each day from the pet industry?? Not saying I support the bill. Something has to be done tho.....People shipping animals Across the world, changes tanks for a day, then off to another location, then off to a holder, then to a lfs, then to someones tank. The pet industry is a death machine.

Sorry for the loss. I think fish can be safely shipped but this comes back to the all mighty dollar. Bigger bag, more water, higher shipping cost? That’s what’s needed (along with a healthy fish) but are we willing to pay it?

Not at all saying you we the cheap route at all!!!, but I’m saying there is a cost to do it right, we just need to make sure both parties play by the rules. Hopefully a LFS here can get one for you.

I try to only buy from a LFS that way you can see the health of the fish see it eat and a much stress free trip.
I also like supporting the LFS. They are trying to make a living for themselves and are there to help when we have a problem.

I try to only buy from a LFS that way you can see the health of the fish see it eat and a much stress free trip.
I also like supporting the LFS. They are trying to make a living for themselves and are there to help when we have a problem.
This is my first time ordering because I normally go to the LFS, the problem is neither of the stores I trust near me have been able to get fish for over two weeks.

Anytime you put love animal in a box and depends on a shipping company to deliver it, it’s a risk.
I had boxes delayed for 24hrs to 96hrs. At least the 96hrs arrive dead and you can claim DOA. But the 24hrs delay is half dead and you will have to work with the seller and to be fair, it wasn’t his/her fault. So it is what it is.

Anytime you put love animal in a box and depends on a shipping company to deliver it, it’s a risk.
I had boxes delayed for 24hrs to 96hrs. At least the 96hrs arrive dead and you can claim DOA. But the 24hrs delay is half dead and you will have to work with the seller and to be fair, it wasn’t his/her fault. So it is what it is.
The killer thing is, this wasn’t delayed and was shipped overnight to a FedEx holding facility to help keep it warm. 3 out the 6 chromis showed up DOA and I could tell the bag was to small for the tang and he had run out of air.

Okay. Just chalk it up as a bad experience with this vendor and be cautious with him on your future purchase.
LFS does get hit often with DOA from wholesaler.

Pre order thru osa. If it comes in dead it get credited to them. Safest route. Even petco does it thru live aquaria.

Sucks when vendors do this. I got a shipment of 15 Koi this past year and they came in looking beautiful! If you can ship 15 large, dirty fish, and have them show up looking as good as they do, it tells you it can be done, and well.

Back