kalk question

gurumasta

Senior Moron
can kalk and b-ionic be used at the same time together? i have been told it only causes problems if they are used within a 1/2 hour of each other.

FWIW, I used b-ionic to supplement my kalk dosing and never saw any problems. I was pumping kalk in short bursts, and made b-ionic additions at the end of the day... because kalk dosing was automated (via auto top-off), I don't know how long it was before the most recent dose of kalk and the dosing of b-ionic... but it's possible they even happened at the same time, or very close together.

Nuno

I dose kalk 24/7 and I was using Seachem Reef Alk and Calc (same thing as B-Ionic) - I never even looked to see if they were happening at the same time. I had no ill effects.

the clown hosted the bta before i could even get the rock to where i liked it. it was funny as all hell. thanks don. i drip kalk 24/7 also and just wanted to know if i had to shut it off to add b-ionic (or things of the like). thanks for all the info!!! im going to go ahead and check it out for myself. ill post if any ill effects occur.

Back