Katie from TI

Katie

Katie, (TI) LFS employee
Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new member so I thought I'd introduce myself and provide a bit of background on myself. I'm 22 and I currently work at Tropic Isle in Framingham (since August/Sept.). I'm a college student (now at UMASS Lowell). I've worked at pet stores/fish shops for the past 3 years (in VA) and am a general aquarium nerd. My passions are reefs as well as planted aquariums. When I'm not at work or at school I'm generally playing with or reading about aquariums. I used to have 14 tanks in a basement aprtmt in VA with electric included (although I'm sure they changed that once I left). Along with my pond and other tanks, I currently have a 90G reef and a 33L and 29G saltwater with mostly bubble and asst caleurpas, condium, halemieda (I'm sure I spelled some of those wrong) and asst algaes so that I can figure out what reef creatures eat certain types of algaes AND because I'm poor. Friend me!! I look forward to meeting you all and to learning as much as I can from the myriad intelligent minds on this forum...cheers! Proud to be a BOSTON REEFER!!! ;) SMILE :D

Welcome neighbor (I live a mile from Boxborough)

"14 tanks in a basement aprtmt in VA with electric included"

LOL, now that's one way to deal with the electric bills in this hobby!
Are all you landlords listening?

Welcome, and would just like to add that you and your fellow compadres back in the TI Fish area have now made visiting TI a much more pleasant experience. About a week ago, I was in there asking "what's a good schooling fish for a reef tank?", and appreciated everyone's opinon .... maybe this needs to go to the vendor experience section.

Welcome aboard.
I'm a UML alumni and currently doing my Master Degree there during the night hours.

Hello Katie and Welcome to BRS.
The only time I've been to T.I. is during the weekend.
It's mostly because it's a good ride from my house.

am a general aquarium nerd.
we all are here!.. the BRS is our therapy group :) hope to see you at a meeting! the next one is close to you

brsanime.gif

Back