Keep an eye on tank temps this weekend

stingythingy45

BRS Member
I have a basement sump and it's only 74 deg. down there.
Might run a short or no halide lights tonight.
House is 80 deg and the tank is 78 deg. How's your tanks doing?

I have a basement sump and it's only 74 deg. down there.
Might run a short or no halide lights tonight.
House is 80 deg and the tank is 78 deg. How's your tanks doing?

I have been running the split ac in the living room pretty much all day. I will probably turn it off at night but I think my heater is still on :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two years ago I put a huge ac unit in the dining room window that keeps the whole first floor in the mid 70’s. Haven’t had issues with tank temperature since. Just gotta pray that we don’t have a power outage.

I have a chiller and 2 more chillers in the basement from other tanks that I decided to keep them as backup.

Central AC rocks

Mines running hot... thinking of shutting down skimmer, thinking that might be warming it up a little? I have a small fan I’m Going to throw underneath in my sump area. It’s a 40b, any other obvious solutions I’m looking over to keep my tank cool? I never had ac growing up so I try to stay away from them, im a mason and I work outdoors so if I have ac and then try to go out and go to work it’s horrible. Feel like I’m gonna die.

I'm using frozen water bottles which usually works fine but with this heat it's not working very well. Wish my basement sump that I'm working on was setup right now. Hopefully everything survives the next few days.

heres a cool way to keep cool ........ https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/a-new-way-to-beat-the-heat.413518/

And Chrisnnemo if anything keep skimmer going to help add air to water . Ice from freezer in a bag helps a little Fans work great too . you want to blow across as wide an area as possible usually the display even if its 90 in my office my tank never goes over 79.5 of course the fans run constantly lol. Humidity plays a big roll as well . the more humid the faster your tank will heat up . I use a fan in the window to help that . Ive tried dehumidifiers , AC , chillers . the cheapest way is a plain old fan and it works .

heres a cool way to keep cool ........ https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/a-new-way-to-beat-the-heat.413518/

And Chrisnnemo if anything keep skimmer going to help add air to water . Ice from freezer in a bag helps a little Fans work great too . you want to blow across as wide an area as possible usually the display even if its 90 in my office my tank never goes over 79.5 of course the fans run constantly lol. Humidity plays a big roll as well . the more humid the faster your tank will heat up . I use a fan in the window to help that . Ive tried dehumidifiers , AC , chillers . the cheapest way is a plain old fan and it works .
Thanks reefstarter

I was thinking about something along that line but using the small fridge I have near the sump that I use for fish food.

Drilling 2 holes in the side, using a few hundred feet of tubing in the freezer section, a very light flow pump and a regulator on the exit line.

I was thinking about something along that line but using the small fridge I have near the sump that I use for fish food.

Drilling 2 holes in the side, using a few hundred feet of tubing in the freezer section, a very light flow pump and a regulator on the exit line.
Hate to credit a d bag in this fine forum but... there's a you tube vid on it.. King of do it your.....s3lfm.. DIY chiller

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Why that guy is a d bag?

Why that guy is a d bag?

Simple fact he set up a go fund me and asked young viewers for their parents money to build a new fish house.. and he's arrogant.. just don't like him or what he represents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back