Kill A Watt Meter Group buy?

Scuba_Dave

Non-member
With electric costs going up, I'm trying to find out how much "stuff" uses in my house. Ho wmuch does my phone charger use when plugged in?
How much do my TV, DVD/VCR & stereo use 24x7 while NOT in use?
Microwave standby & other items? PC monitor & Computer when NOT in use?
If I upgrade to an LCD 19" what will the difference be?
Is it possible I am using $20-50 a month in "junk" that can be turned off?
There was a group order over a year ago I think, but I went AWOL
So, who wants to go in on getting one?

$39 each or 2 for $25.50 each. So if I can get at least 1 other person I can save $13.50
Case price drops it to $24...not a huge drop...but

Is this a good model? I would actually like a 20a model
http://www.microdaq.com/p3-international/kill-a-watt/index.php

Post here, suggestions....or if a sponsor can get these at a decent price
Thanks all

I'm interested...My wife doesn't believe me on the cell phone charger. I guess it depends where you are located Dave, since I don't want to spend $20.00 in gas picking it up...

I'm located on the South Shore - Rockland, and I work in Boston
I'm sure if we get enough people we can coordinate local pickups
I'm also hoping - depending upon location - to make the next meeting

Ideally I'd like a 20a model, but that isn't really needed

I have seen them priced online for $28 with free shipping, but without any quantity discount

Next meeting is posted for Framingham March 18th
So we have about 2 weeks to get this together & order them in
Let's see who is interested for the next week & see what happens
Even if we only order 3 it will save some $$ - as long as shipping isn't required

3 so far............

OK, that's 8 so far. I'm not locked into any supplier, wherever we can find the best price. I've seen different places - some say out of stock
I bet the demand for these has increased

I'll take one too, Dave. Just let me know how you want payment. If they'll be at the March meeting, I'll need someone to p/u for me, if that's not a problem. (Vacation, baby!)

That's a dozen already
I was also thinking - up for input - about rounding off whatever the price is to include an extra one for the club - to either be "rented" out or loaned out - just like a book from the library

Last edited:
Scuba_Dave said:
That's a dozen already
I was also thinking - up for input - about rounding off whatever the price is to include an extra one for the club - to either be "rented" out or loaned out - just like a book from the library

Craig snow just donated one to the club Dave and it is in the library available for loan.Thanks for thinking of the club though:)

Back