Killer Clowns

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Has anyone ever witnessed their clownfish attacking and eating peppermint shrimp before? I thought it was a molt, but after closer look my female Cinnamon Clown is chomping the hell out of said shrimp.

My female takes chunks out of my hand whenever it's in the tank. They're kind of assholes

That too, gonna try and catch them to give them a new home. Tired of using a scraper pole to block them while I work in there.

My clowns only get nippy when they have eggs or are about to lay eggs.
And when they bite it's just more of a startling event when they first bite. After that whatever they do is futile lol

Got rid of my piranhas because of that. My female would jump out of water to bite me
Totally get that one @Chris A. , my youngest used to laugh at me until she had her fingers about 2 inches above the water line and that exact thing happened, lol.

I've had good luck with clowns. But I haven't had the large aggressive species.

However, I've had weird experiences with shrimp eaters - a cleaner shrimp which charged down and ate a peppermint, and a royal gramma which ate full size peppermints.

They can all be individuals.

My female takes chunks out of my hand whenever it's in the tank. They're kind of assholes

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

LOL... this brought to my memory my 1994 trip to Australia. It was a working trip, but I had a few days free. Went to the reef barrier for snorkeling. Suddenly I saw a gigantic anemone with 5-6 Clowns on it. They were also SO BIG, no less than 2 inches or more. They looked so cute that I couldn't avoid to play with them with my finger. So stupid I was. Instantly I was bitten and a small chunk of my finger finish in the ocean. I was bleeding a lot (you know how a finger bleed also with a small cut). I had to return to the ship to put a bandaid. The tiny ones I had all these years in my tanks they all bite me if I put my hand in their territory. None of them had the size to keep a piece of my finger as trophy.... :) LOL

Back