Koralia's or Tunze 6025 Nano Streams

UncleJT

BOHICA
Having a hard time deciding between two Koralia 2's or two Tunze 6025 Nano Streams for my 40G Breeder. Either one I choose would likely be temporary until I can afford an EcoTech VorTech MP10 which is what I really want.

Admittedly, in the past, I haven't been too impressed with some of Hydor products. However, it has been a couple years since I last used one of their products and quite a few people seem to be using the Koralia's.

Any suggestions other than bite the bullet and order a VorTech even if it delays getting water in my tank?

Thanks

i have used both, and both have their problems. the koralias are definitely more cheaply made, and i am not a fan of how much space they take. the nanos have problems with the clamps wearing out, and the shafts rusting, although i have 'heard' that they fixed the problems. solution: suck it up and buy the mp10.

... or buy a few maxijets and mod as needed. The output on the k's is way overated. I have a k4,K3, maxi1200, and a maxi400 in my 40B softie tank and the flow is marginal imo.

Tunze corrected the problem with the clamps, they are made with a different, stronger plastic. I've not heard of the rusting, but I'd hazard to say they have addressed it.

I have used both, and would choose the Tunze. The flow is much more even and centered on the Nanos, the K's is uneven, and some flow angles upward. The Tunzes are quieter- the K's aren't loud, but I could hear them more than the Nanos.

You can do a simple mod on the 6025, which cuts out the inner ring on the housing, and GREATLY increase the flow. There is a thread on RC detailing it. I did that, plus cut every other grill, and ended up with ~1100-1250 GPH.

ive bought both and have had issues with both, however the number 1 thing you get with TUnze over Koralin is customer service. if you have a problem, pm ROger at Tunze and problem resolved. Ive had the clamps break before but he replaced them fast. Ive had the shaft rust and he sent me a brand new impeller and shaft. I own 4 tunze *2 modded 6025s, 2 Koralins, and 1 maxi sureflow mod kit. OUt of them all I go with tunze hands down everytime.

Not to put more options on the table, but I just hooked up a couple Seio P1500 Prop pumps and am liking them. Good magnets and very quiet. Cannot give long term performance though.

JD

6025's hands down IMO for both quality and cust service. Both issues mentioned above have been corrected.

tunze.. buy them used too.. the things are bullet proof. look on RC for used ones.. usually like 30-40 bucks.

you can mod them for more flow if needed as well.

Thanks for all the replies. I just ordered a Tunze 6025 while I was at Coral Reef Aquarium this morning. Going to use a single for now until the tank is cycled and I start adding corals. :cool:

I run mp40s and nanostreams in my tanks.

tunze has stood behind any issues I have with my nanostreams....

MP40's have been great, and I use the nanostreams facing them to make my flow random

My nanostream arrived today from Tunze USA. Boy, this thing is pretty sweet. Now, where'd I put that dremel? :D

imo tunze 6025 is the best pump for it's price. a 30 mod will turn them into 1100 gph, ive basically been using these since i started in the hobby, the c clamps use to be a problem for them, they corrected that and if they do break contact roger at tunze , they will replace them right away, bw i have 2 vortech's also and like them in a different way, but love the tunze's

Back