Lighting opinions needed

MichaelJ

Reefer
BRS Member
This is my tank, 45 gallon 60 total. Cube
As you can see I have some hard corals up top and all the softies toward the bottom..
Right now I have an Ai hd16.
Should I look into another light? Or should I run blues more often?
I really don’t have a schedule other than the lights go to moonlight from 11pm to 8 am

Attachments

• IMG_1451.jpeg
    IMG_1451.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1449.jpeg
    IMG_1449.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 77
Have you tried borrowing the clubs PAR meter. That might help understand if you have enough power to start with

is there a budget? if there isn't i say just sell your ai and get a radion xr15 or you can add more supplemental led or t5 to your light.

is there a budget? if there isn't i say just sell your ai and get a radion xr15 or you can add more supplemental led or t5 to your light.
I’ll look into the radion, I’d rather not add extra anything. I’m trying to get this tank as a softie tank. Not adding anymore hard corals. So I figured or assumed I’d need a light that gives off more blue than white. I’m frustrated with the AI light

A suggestion - upgrade the light to AI hydra 52 HD. I see coralfishreef is selling his light for $200, buy it and sale your light to recoup the money.

A suggestion - upgrade the light to AI hydra 52 HD. I see coralfishreef is selling his light for $200, buy it and sale your light to recoup the money.
I think that’s a discontinued model…not to keen on buying discontinued models…I could be wrong though…

Edited……I thought this was from an earlier post of a discontinued model

Last edited:
Back