Live Aquaria - by Drs. Foster & Smith

clamm

Nothing to nobody
I just finished a successful pooled order from these guys. We got the promotion of free next day shipping cause the order was over 175.00

I was impressed with the packing for being free shipping I expected the worst.

Every item was individually bagged, I know it a no brain-er but you would be surprised.

Every item was in a bag that had blinders to help the animal in transit.

They shipped it in a thick styro (no box charge)
They included 4 heat pack at no charge
Taped the box as they should.

Included a two page guide on how to acclimate. ( not that it was needed but for those who haven't ordered from online, rarely are items shipped in 1.025 sal water...usually more like 1.018-1.020)

All items lived, all items appeared in good shape.

Only negative is 5 items we tried to order were out of stock at the time of checkout. So I guess if you get your order in early in the week maybe that wont be a problem.

Im very happy with my experience there.

Live Aquaria Drs. Foster

I have been using them for school orders for some time. They take purchase orders. Once I had a couple of things that arrived dead. They have a 14 day return guarantee and replaced them within a day or two. Talking to people on the phone is great. They are very accommodating. They also will ship to arrive on the day that you want. This is important in a school.

clamm said:
I just finished a successful pooled order from these guys. We got the promotion of free next day shipping cause the order was over 175.00

I was impressed with the packing for being free shipping I expected the worst.

Every item was individually bagged, I know it a no brain-er but you would be surprised.

Every item was in a bag that had blinders to help the animal in transit.

They shipped it in a thick styro (no box charge)
They included 4 heat pack at no charge
Taped the box as they should.

Included a two page guide on how to acclimate. ( not that it was needed but for those who haven't ordered from online, rarely are items shipped in 1.025 sal water...usually more like 1.018-1.020)

All items lived, all items appeared in good shape.

Only negative is 5 items we tried to order were out of stock at the time of checkout. So I guess if you get your order in early in the week maybe that wont be a problem.

Im very happy with my experience there.

Just got an order of coral in this morning...They have some really nice small/medium aquacultured SPS. If you see a coral you like, it will sell quick so you have to buy it quick. I was purchasing an encrusting monti when i was talking with customer service and when i refreshed the page, it was gone!!!!! Also great job in the packing/shipping. Plus a 14 day guarantee on SPS!! I don't know of anyone else crazy enough to do that but i sure like the piece of mind.:)

I've had great success with them as well. They are *excellant* with their DOA policy, and have creditted my credit card no questions asked.

Only problem I ever had, was when UPS *lost* the shipment in Boston airport for 2 days last January. They didn't credit my shipping and handling and UPS refused to refund as well. :(

-Mike

I had very good experience with them as well. Highly recommend them if you like to order online.

I highly recommend their MACNA raffle prizes :D Their service was great after that answering some id questions I had.

Another good story on Live Aquaria. I ordered corals on Thur. evening to be shipped for Sat delivery, but i forgot to add that to the instructions at checkout. I did though send an email to customer service that same night saying i needed Sat delivery. I called them Friday at noon and they said they did not have the tech support to check all their emails that early and that it was too late past cutoff time. I got a little upset so I spoke with the manager and she personally drove the corals to the fedex station so they could get on the plane for Saturday! When they arrived I noticed one extra bag. She added a nice 3- 4" baby blue Austera for free! This was definitly going above and beyond just good customer service, this was great customer service in my opinion. I would recommend them to anyone for healthy coral and fish. They also refund your money no questions asked when you lose a coral under the 14 day guarantee......

I have been buying from them for over 10 years at least. They use to be called petwarehouse. Before the internet they sold through catalog. Not only for aquarium supplies but for dogs stuff to, I have always been happy with there pricing and shipping. Last order included salt when they had a special with no extra shipping charges. 15 gallons of mix (3 buckets) for under 100 can't beat that and since my wife was spending over the top shipping price on dog supplies. Shipping was actually free.

I love their "certified coral" section. All items in that category are guaranteed for 30 days (this also includes the sps).

I ordered a clam from them, it was well packed but not the right one. It was very close but the markings and color were off a little. After sending them a picture they gave a full refund including shipping and said to keep the clam. They were very nice to deal with and I will definatly use them again.

I just ordered my first fish from them. This will be the first time I've ever bought a fish "blind".
But to be honest, I spent $120 for a similar fish locally, but it got eaten my my carpet anemone. Well Dong took my carpet anemone today so I didn't waste any time.
Great price on the fish too. $75 including the $30 overnight shipping charge.

Steevareno, I havent ordered from Live Aquaria yet but I have already ordered three times from Dr Fosters with great success. Sounds like that mnager went WAY above customer service. I will defin order from them.

Well I placed my order Sunday night, they shipped it from California Monday afternoon. Said it would arrive Tuesday around 3pm, and it arrived at 2:50pm.
Fish seemed well packed. Quintupled bagged with about 3/4 gal. of water, 2 heat packs, and air-bags keeping everything in the styrofoam cooler nice and tight.
I tested the water:
Temp:73.5ºF
pH: 7.5
salinity: 1.018

Fish looks healthy and is slightly over 4" in length. (Medium is 3-4"). Colors not quite as impressive as the locally bought Scott's Fairy, but I've got to give him time to adjust and we'll see what his colors look like in a few days.

I paid $45 (on sale from $60) + $30 shipping, or $75 for a fish I paid $120 for locally. But this one comes with a 14 day guarantee!

So far, I am very impressed!
I'll post back in a month or so

I have used Drs. F+S several times in the past. I felt that the service was excellent, and their guarantee is excellent. I ordered an exquisite wrasse from them and it unfortunately didn't fair so well (i know they don't ship well, and it was in July I believe, so it was very hot out), rather than risking it again I decided to just have them credit my credit card. Without quesiton they credited my card. If I were the dishonest type, I'd order fish and then claim that they were DOA, and to either credit my card or send another!

The only other casualty I had was when ordering 3 percula clowns, one died several days in, and they replaced it at no charge.

Overall, I've had nothing but good experiences with them. The only downsides are that you can't see the actual fish, and the fish tend to be more stressed from shipping than purchasing from an LFS.

I just placed another order a week ago. The expected date of delivery was 7 days from order. I got the package in 5 days! I ordered some chemicals and they were all individually bagged. I have ordered from Dr Fosters alot and have had excellent service and nothing damaged. Next month when I get back from vacation, I am going to order from Liveaquaria. I hope they are as good as Dr Fosters ( I know they are the same company).

Just received another shipment and noticed I got only 2 of the 3 fish I had ordered. Called them (picked up on first ring), and she apologized it had been backordered. She said they will call me when ready to ship and not charge me any shipping. Always have had good luck with them and excellant customer service.

-Mike

Back