liveaquaria fish order in winter

hvusalt

Non-member
I want to order all my fishes for the new set up from that website but not sure if they are ok in this cold winter? anyone had experience with live fish order in this cold weather? I did order some corals last year at the same time and the shipment came and all corals were ok but never order fish.

They place heat packs in the box with them. They will be perfectly fine, just make sure you are there for the pick up time they give you.

Yup, what he said! Biggest problem is if you miss it or not home and the box sits outside in the cold

I've ordered from them before in the coldest time during winter and the fish arrived in perfect condition. They added a couple of 48hr heat packs and the water in the bags was nice and warm. Like said above, be 100% sure you'll be home to receive the package.

All fish I ordered from Liveaquaria in winters over years were arrived fine. They pack very good with a lot of water.

I've asked them specifically about this. They said that if the temperature is going to be in the low single digits they aren't thrilled about shipping even with the heat packs. But otherwise they look at the weather where it is going and add the appropriate amount of heat packs.

Back