Local Custom Acrylic Work

president89

Non-member
Anyone know of any custom acrylic guys/girls that are in Mass. I want to have a couple of tanks made up, and I don't want to pay shipping over the internet.

I don't know local but advanced acrylics seems to be a good online vendor. You looking for finished look or some that holds water?

I heard that there is a guy at Zoo Creatures in Portsmouth NH that makes custom tanks might be worth giving them a call and checking it out

When i was at Altec Plastic in Southie I was talking to the guy, and he said he can, and has made tanks. I would talk to him, I don't remember his name. I am going to go over there and have him make some water storage containers for me

Derek

working with acrylic is EASY, if you can make a box out of wood you can make a tank out of acrylic, especially if you're not looking to have joints that look like they are not even there.
Cut it to size, make sure the cut is CLEAN (run through a wood jointer), assemble on a jig and drip the solvent in the joints, make sure the solvent penetrates throughout and fills the joint completely without running out. Let is dry and enjoy.
This get more complicated once you start dealing with acrylic thicker than 1/2 in but for small tanks that is overkill anyway.

P.S. if anybody has a source of reasonably priced acrylic locally please let me know - everything I've found costs an arm and a leg

Back