Looking for Advice - What Beginner Soft Corals to Add

KeeganDuBrown

Non-member
I've had my 55 gallon tank setup for ~ a year and a half. I'd like to add a couple beginner soft corals, and I'm not sure what to get.

I'd like something pretty to look at, but since I'm new I'd really like something cheap and easy to grow (that won't take over my tank).

Thank you for any tips!

I've had my 55 gallon tank setup for ~ a year and a half. I'd like to add a couple beginner soft corals, and I'm not sure what to get.

I'd like something pretty to look at, but since I'm new I'd really like something cheap and easy to grow (that won't take over my tank).

Thank you for any tips!
Euphyllia are easy. Hammer, torch, frogspawn, etc. My 2 first corals were a hammer and a GSP. The hammer has tripped in size despite my mistakes.

Leather corals for sure. Green star polyps are very pretty but are invasive after a while. If you isolate it on a rock on surrounded by the sand bed it helps out.

Mushrooms are pretty solid begininners as well. Don’t go crazy high end. I have a couple different types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tons of beginner coral for dirt cheap. Please let me know if you are interested in some.

Thank you very much everyone for the responsiveness and helpful advice! I will try to put this information to use within the next couple of weeks.

@dz6t - I'd like to schedule a visit to buy a couple of these beginner corals - do you have any time available this coming weekend?

Yes, I am available every day from 10 to 7. Please txt me at 978-505-8232 to schedule a visit. I also have a lot of used equipment for cheap.

I also have some begin on corals if interested [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was great to have you here. I am looking forward to seeing you again, thank you very much.

Back