WTB Looking for inverts and micro algae

Royal

BRS Member
I’m hoping to stock up on my clean up crew for my new build. I got a 220 G and if I’m honest I love the inverts, micro algae more than the fish sometimes. If anyone is trying to get rid of some or sell, trade inverts/algae or even point me to the right direction to a LFS that can order in bulk I would appreciate the help.

I’m transferring most of my current inverts from my 3 running tanks combining into one. I’m still looking to get

Emeralds/ ruby crabs
Misc shrimps
Hermits
Snails
Feather dusters
Starfish
Mini brittle star fish *
Sea slugs
Crabs

I am always all about shop local. Not sure if we are close enough for you in Brookline, NH but I have most of those items in stock and can certainly do a bulk discount

I am always all about shop local. Not sure if we are close enough for you in Brookline, NH but I have most of those items in stock and can certainly do a bulk discount
Im all about buying local but when 5 blue legged hermit crabs are $30 locally that’s taking advantage in my opinion…. 5 for 5$ on reefcleaners.

Meanwhile locally 3 astrea snails for $25, 1 conch for $25….. I’ve never been to your store so I can’t comment on your prices.

Locally you can spend $300 on sand sifting snails alone filling up a 200 gallon.

Filling a 200 gallon with inverts would add up quickly

Im all about buying local but when 5 blue legged hermit crabs are $30 locally that’s taking advantage in my opinion…. 5 for 5$ on reefcleaners.

Meanwhile locally 3 astrea snails for $25, 1 conch for $25….. I’ve never been to your store so I can’t comment on your prices.

Locally you can spend $300 on sand sifting snails alone filling up a 200 gallon.

Blue legs are $1 or less

Id guess he's similar

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240406-114604.png
    Screenshot_20240406-114604.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 26
Blue legs are $1 or less

Id guess he's similar
That’s awesome, I’ve been by your house and know it’s run out of the basement cutting down on a lot of overhead cost.

That being said the “local” fish stores in my area are charging the prices I’ve described. Hence recommending reef cleaners.

Again I have not been by blue light aquatics so I do not know his prices. Buying local in my area entails $25 for 5 blue legged hermits, 25$ for a fighting conch. $50 for a peppermint shrimp etc.

All up to the value you are getting. Cheaper doesn't always save you money. Quarantined livestock in any capacity is better than just quick turnover, low cost, high profit online shippers

All up to the value you are getting. Cheaper doesn't always save you money. Quarantined livestock in any capacity is better than just quick turnover, low cost, high profit online shippers
Although I agree with you I have not had any bad experiences with reefcleaners, that is why I am here recommending them.

I would not recommend a website/LFS I’ve had problems with. I’m not sponsored or being paid/benefiting for making the recommendation. I’m recommending them as I’ve had good experiences with said company.

“We adhere to strict quarantine procedures to ensure unwanted pests do not take hold in your tank when dipping isn't adequate. All of our systems are free of fish, and fish disease. We pride ourselves on delivering quality specimens and advice. If you have questions please let us know, we are here to help.”

They also quarantine as mentioned on their website…

Just checked it out. That's awesome! Always love to see other clean facilities out there doing it right. Their prices seem pretty much in line with Frank and me though, so what am I missing here?

Just checked it out. That's awesome! Always love to see other clean facilities out there doing it right. Their prices seem pretty much in line with Frank and me though, so what am I missing here?
At OP's request, I suggested a vendor to help stock his tank with all the inverts he wanted. I find it ironic that you mentioned buying locally, unless you are breeding these inverts yourself, buying locally doesn't apply. Are you breeding these inverts yourself? The irony lies in the fact that you advocate for buying locally, yet you are purchasing from various suppliers and reselling them. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Returning to my original point, local fish stores tend to overcharge for the inverts OP mentioned. Therefore, I recommended an online vendor that will offer him better value for his money. I have already mentioned the prices of inverts at my LFS. I would rather order offline than spend a tank of gas driving to you in NH or spending 25$ for 5 hermit crabs locally.

First off. Maybe I am misreading here, but why the hostility bro? This post is odd to me. No matter to me. Folks can purchase wherever they please. I am just a shop local advocate as a small business owner and like to recommend supporting the local economy and heck, maybe even a club sponsor too.

To answer your question, sadly no. We do not actually breed our inverts. We buy them from divers from where they come from or wholesalers. Looks like Reef Cleaners does too since they have Cleaner Shrimp. Typically that's how business works though. We buy from where stuff comes from then attempt to sell it

Some people simply don’t see the need to go pick something up nowadays when it can be sent to your door for the same if not cheaper price or even slightly more for the pure convenience factor. I feel like this one has been beat a few times but like mentioned pending where you go you are spending $3 or more a hermit or snail. Both of you vendors clearly are not but this is just a sharing friendly community thread sharing findings and places in which you can potentially save yourself a buck in this wicked cheap hobby lol. Reefcleaners is a good one as is addictivereefkeeping by no means does that mean I don’t support my lfs it’s just I pick and choose what I purchase through them. Neither of you are particularly close to me otherwise I would be more tempted to buy my hermits and astreas from you my lfs is at least three times the price. However both of those places sell pitho crabs which I’ve never seen sold locally and they are bubble algae machines so again it’s all about shopping around and what makes the most sense for each individual. Best of luck op!

First off. Maybe I am misreading here, but why the hostility bro? This post is odd to me. No matter to me. Folks can purchase wherever they please. I am just a shop local advocate as a small business owner and like to recommend supporting the local economy and heck, maybe even a club sponsor too.

To answer your question, sadly no. We do not actually breed our inverts. We buy them from divers from where they come from or wholesalers. Looks like Reef Cleaners does too since they have Cleaner Shrimp. Typically that's how business works though. We buy from where stuff comes from then attempt to sell it
You’re misreading…

Back