Lost my oldest fish yesterday

stingythingy45

BRS Member
A very well behaved yellow tail damsel I've had since I got in the hobby in 2007.
This fish was moved at least 6 times from tank to tank.
Not sure why it died,but I'm glad I was able to give it a nice home over the years and enjoyed it's vivid blue beauty in return.

Attachments

• Damsel.jpg
    Damsel.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
:(

I've had a Maroon Gold Stripe since I moved around 2003.
Also bought her a mate from Nature's Hideout in Auburn before they closed (maybe 2006-2008).

I got this fish at Petco in Auburn.
This was before I heard KC aquatics.
They were just a little hole in the wall back then.

I have 2 of those yellow tail Damsels. Very pretty !!!. They have been in the tank for a little more than 2 years. One is the owner of the corner. Whatever I place in her territory, she will move or burried it in sand, depending on the size.

She killed some small rocks with zoas I wanted in that corner. I came from a trip and they were under sand. If I try to work there she will come to bite me. Finally I said to her " OK, you won, this is your corner". Since then I never tried to modify the corner and we have been great friends :).

Best !!

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. 9 years is a long time. I'm sure it was probably old age

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear. If you're going to lose a fish, losing from old age is the best way though!

My favorite, and oldest Pod died this week. Here is a picture of Sally ------------------> . <------------------ She was born last Tuesday which is old for a Pod. :p

Back