Lost some fish…..

MichaelJ

Reefer
BRS Member
I lost a couple fish due to ick or what ever ya call it…anyways I have 1 clown and snails and a emerald crab and a cleaner shrimp , the last clown is probably doomed…he’s getting smaller but no white spots. I’m not getting any more fish until this aquarium gets fixed. I do have some softies in there…nothing major. What would be a good process? I figured I’d wait to see the clown’s condition over the weekend. Ideas? It’s a 12 gallon. I did test for a lot of parameters…Alk is high, nitrate at about 5…all others are good….

They had brook…..smh
I'm assuming you are looking for a quasi-reef safe treatment for Brook?

Dosing metro every 48 hours for 2 weeks would be the most aggressive option: https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/metronidazole.24/

Metro isn't really "reef safe", but most corals/inverts seem to tolerate it IF you completely dissolve it (in a cup of water) before dosing it. It seems undissolved granules landing on a coral is what can kill them.

Your other option is this: https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/peroxide-h2o2-dosing-for-parasites-in-reef-tank.725/

Both options still involve some risk. The safest road to take is treat all of your fish in a QT, and let the DT go fallow (fishless) for 6 weeks.

I'm assuming you are looking for a quasi-reef safe treatment for Brook?

Dosing metro every 48 hours for 2 weeks would be the most aggressive option: https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/metronidazole.24/

Metro isn't really "reef safe", but most corals/inverts seem to tolerate it IF you completely dissolve it (in a cup of water) before dosing it. It seems undissolved granules landing on a coral is what can kill them.

Your other option is this: https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/peroxide-h2o2-dosing-for-parasites-in-reef-tank.725/

Both options still involve some risk. The safest road to take is treat all of your fish in a QT, and let the DT go fallow (fishless) for 6 weeks.
I believe it was velvet after watching the video….so my last fish is not looking good and skinny. Probably won’t make it through the night. So the tank will be fish free…I’ll wait the 6 weeks before adding another fish. And work on the peroxide treatment.
Great video!

Attachments

• 89284DE0-C7DA-44A4-A9E1-88613748C2A6.jpeg
    89284DE0-C7DA-44A4-A9E1-88613748C2A6.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 71
Another one…but he’s hanging in there…thinking of doing the peroxide treatment

Attachments

• 74C55039-5662-4086-9EAB-2C6C17954968.jpeg
    74C55039-5662-4086-9EAB-2C6C17954968.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 74
Hey get the Polyp Lab ick treatment. Works like hell. People use it even when there is no ick just to be safe. Great stuff

Hey get the Polyp Lab ick treatment. Works like hell. People use it even when there is no ick just to be safe. Great stuff
I think once this clown goes which won’t be long. I’ll treat the DT So I don’t wanna put anything in there that will kill everything left over….

I recommend just hitting the display and any other tank with Polyp lab ick treatment, doesn't hurt any corals or inverts and does nothing negative when there's no ick and it is added

Not that I'm doubting anyone's opinions here, but personally I'd take @Humblefish' recommendations, after all he is the guy for fish disease and treatment.

Not that I'm doubting anyone's opinions here, but personally I'd take @Humblefish' recommendations, after all he is the guy for fish disease and treatment.
I saw the video…..it was very informative….I’ll be goin his route…due to not being to concerned with ich. I’m really interested in trying the hydrogen peroxide…..he mentioned there was another reefer who put it right in her DT tank….and I have that here …maybe it’ll save my fish…

As biggie said - not looking to discount peoples opinion but most (if not all) science points to not using any type of in tank ich treatment. Suppression vs complete removal is key with these types of things.

And in this instance, it’s not presenting itself as ich, rather brook

Back