MACNA 2015 - Washington, DC: who's in?

Moe_K

Stabbed by Foulke
The next MACNA is 04-06Sep2015 in Washington DC at a nice Marriott down there.
I figure that's within driving distance.
Room rate is $124 per night.

http://macnaconference.org/2015/

I'm planning on going. Drive down, means I can lug stuff back home.

Who else is in?

If we get enough people, let's rent a nice bus and cruise down there in style, maybe enjoying a few cold ones while the driver deals with the traffic.
We'll roll up to the Marriott and announce BRS is in the house!
:p:eek:

I am thinking about it... This is the closes that MACNA has been in a few years. Gives me a reason to go see my son and daughter.

I do wish the hotel/event was more towards DC. The event is more towards the national zoo area which is a good 20min cab ride north of the White House.

I may consider this as a mini vacation. Good reason to take time off of work..maybe take my daughter along so I can show her the big white house.

There is a ton of things to do in DC... If you have a teenager and they are considering attending one of the many schools in that area.

George Washington
Georgetown
American University

Just to name a few.

Definitely go to the International Spy Museum.
The national zoo is pretty good as well.
You need to get tickets ahead of time for a few tours, so keep that in mind as well too.

There is a big banquet on Saturday evening... too bad as we could have reserved a dinner cruise on the Potomac on the MS. Washington.

Hmmmmmm, maybe the Boston area for next June?

The banquet was nothing to write home about this year. It was actually kind of embarrassing. They put the keynote speaker on well after dinner was complete and several speakers and the raffle were done. 75 pct of the people left within 15 min of him speaking. I heard he ended up speaking for close to 2 hours.

...stupid auto correct

me and my wife want to go and on the plus side my stepfather drives the big buses and limos so i can talk to him and see how much it will be

I don't need a bus. not going. but, he said he just got off the phone with his stepfather. That would imply that he has some news that wasn't shared.

I don't need a bus. not going. but, he said he just got off the phone with his stepfather. That would imply that he has some news that wasn't shared.

Totally understood... I didn't understand why there was no other information in the post either. Could have said something along the lines of "These are the prices..." or "He needs some time to check the dates and get back to us with pricing/numbers/etc."

Perhaps we're just too impatient. :)

I think Mr. X was just kidding around with the "No bus for you!"
Seinfeld reference there.

I think Mr. X was just kidding around with the "No bus for you!"
Seinfeld reference there.

Ding! Ding! Ding! You win some soup! (Just don't question anything I do... or it's back to 'No soup for you!')

Back