Mandarin acclimation

Zirky

Non-member
Hi guys. I have a pair on biota mandarins coming today. I also have a small copper and in an acclimation box. Todays stupid question is can I put the mandarins in with the copper band at least till lights out later tonight? Thanks I’m advanced for any suggestions.
8CC61590-CDF5-4252-A6BB-7B1B735A802F.jpeg

If they look healthy, agree with Spaceman to just let them go unless you have crazy flow where you’d want to give them some acclimation time. Unless they are eating pellets, they’ll want to start feeding almost immediately

I purchased a pair from Biota. I dropped them right in the tank after acclimation. One thing to note they will be very small. Half inch in size. Not kidding very small. I would keep an eye on overflows so they don’t get pulled in or stuck. This happened to one of mine and I was lucky to be there. As for copper I thought this was a no no with mandarins. Like I said prior I have two. They will need pods and more pods and more pods lol. They hunt all day. When they don’t have enough they will turn on each other in my experience. So definitely up your game in this department. Pictures show size of mandarins in front of paly’s (not the best pics)
Hope this helps. Ohh I think there’s a reefer on here that sells copepods if you need some ;)
IMG_6995.jpeg
IMG_6993.jpeg
IMG_6884.jpeg

By copper, he meant in the acclimation box with the copperband

But if I’m completely wrong, no copper medication on them if you were leaning that route

There in the tank I don’t see them often but seem ok. As far as pods go I have a fuge crawling with five different types. Thanks guys I’ve been trying to get a breeding pair of mandarins for years and I think biota’s my best shot

Back