Manesium Chloride. How to mix??

smcnally

Tankless
Anyone know where the mixing instructions can be found? I just got some from Keith and Iffer, and was wondering how to use it properly. I haven't tested my magnesium levels yet, because I just did a 15% water change and wanted to wait until tonight to check.

Nobody knows where to find it? I don't think I need it right now anyways. I tested just now and if I did it correctly it says I'm right around 1200ppm. Isn't that right where I should be?

Use the search feature.
Somebody just asked this question yesterday. Use magnesium as the search term and restrict the search to just Reef Talk. :)

Check through yesterdays thresds. I believe it was 1.46 pounds of magnesium and .25 pounds of epsom salt and enough r/o water to make a total voume of 1 gallon. I had it written down but the paper got wet........

Found it. Now how do I know if mine is Magnesium Chloride Anhydrous or Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate? It seems to make a big difference in dosage. All I know is it was a big bag Keith got at the auction.

Randy, thanks for the links.
Thanks Greg, that was mainly what I was wondering. I just didn't want to use the wrong amount.

Back