many yellow tangs in same tank

hvusalt

Non-member
recently just successed to add a second yellow tang to my tank by redone the rock works before adding him in. my tank is a 150 gallon. i had the first yellow tang and sailfin tang for a while. the second yellow tang that i added in is a bit bigger than the one already in there. they fighted a bit at first but now they are friend. i am planing to add one more yellow tang in to make it odd number( 3 yellow tangs) and also want to add a purple tang by the same way i did. had anyone sucess or have different method to add in tangs? please share

thanks

I have 3 yellow tangs in my 200 for roughly 3 weeks now. First one been in the tank since it was set up. Added new additional at once 3 weeks ago. Two of them get along, the other new one is slowly being accepted. Ironically, the largest one was the one being bullied but it was the one that was thin to start with. I also have a purple tang and a sailfin tang that did not even look at the new yellow tangs added.
As long as the individual(s) feed aggresively, it should be fine with the initial bullying. If the tank is open enough for them to swim and graze, they should be fine.
I'm planning on a school of 7 yellow tangs in my 360gallons.

Back