Mar 2006 Frag Swap Thread

Moe_K

Stabbed by Foulke
Next frag swap will be at the end of the meeting on Sat 18 Mar 06.

There's another thread stuck to the top of Reef Talk with information on the date/time/location of the meeting. For details or questions, see that thread.

As usual, in the frag swap thread, please note what you're looking for and/or what you've got to trade.

Posting frags for sale here is okay, as long as you're just a hobbyist, and the frags will be at the meeting.

For new folks: a "frag" is a piece of coral. In this hobby we like to cut off pieces of coral and trade or sell them to others. We have a frag swap at the end of our monthly meetings.

To keep this thread as uncluttered as possible, if your post is not specifically about arranging a coral trade (or selling/buying), then start a new thread with the question or point. For example, if you want to know the best way to pack frags, please start a new thread.

Hopefully this frag swap thread will remain useful.

Note that if somebody starts a new thread about their frags available at the meeting (not within this thread), it will get moved to the appropriate Marketplace forum. Feel free to mention within this thread if you have a separate thread in the Coral forum.

Have fun. :)

i have a green tree coral i would like to trade with...looking for sps, lps, or cool zoos

I have the following:

Long polyped toadstool (about 4 inches across) $25
Yellow colonial polyps $10
encrusting gorgonian $10
anthelia $10
Orange Monti Cap $10
Purple M. digitata $10
Green M. digitata $10
Orange with yellow center zoos $10
Green with lime green center zoos $10
Anacropora $10

I think that's it. Oh and they can either be mounted or not. Also to the best of my knowledge, I do not have any pests of any kind.

Last edited:
Maxfischer, I editted my post to put on prices. Sorry I forgot the 1st time around.

Put me down for the long polyped toadstool, please. I have a 220 gallon tank in my classroom and could use a few things with 4" or so. Thanks

You got it Ocean Guy. I am thrilled to see it go into an educational setting. It grows really well in my tank and frequently drops babies.

f/s lobophillia brain coral<sp?> 20.00 Red w/green rim

*disclaimer* Yes I had red bugs. I have killed them. They dont affect LPS anyway, but got to be 100% honest. I did 4 treatments within 1.5 weeks. Seems to do the trick.

At your request I can dip this guy in interceptor before the meeting.

Please pm me if interested.

I have a couple frags available for March.

Yellow colonial Polyps ~40-50 polyps (1 available) $10

Capnella (Kenya Tree) (2 frags available) $5 each

Frags I'm looking for:

Green Monti Cap with purple rim

Hammer (Green with pink or purple tips)

Anything else cool ;)

I have a few Misc. corals for sale.

LOTS of tiny kenya tree frags, some mounted, some not. ranging from 1/2 inch to 2 inches. $2 each ... all sizes, first come first size.

1 green marbled w/ blue speckles mushroom attached only to sand. $1

Free yellow colonial polyps, growing over sand and need to do some weeding... wont be attached to anything but sand.

jovreef said:
1 green marbled w/ blue speckles mushroom attached only to sand. $1

Free yellow colonial polyps, growing over sand and need to do some weeding... wont be attached to anything but sand.

IF still available, ill take

MarkO's frags

I feel pretty bad about losing my $120 Christmas present from my wife (Scott's Fairy Wrasse). I'm 99% sure my Haddoni got it somehow. So I'm going to try to replace him by fragging up my mother colonies.
(my lights are dual 175 10k's a 96w 50/50 actinic/10k and a 96w 10k

NOTE: ALL FRAGS WILL BE LOSE... no time to mount between now and the meeting.

So here's what I have to offer (pics to follow):

item/donation/number avail.:
Green Carpet Anemone (Haddoni)/ $25 / 1
Blue Shrooms/$5 for about 3-5 / 4
Green Zoos/$5 for about a colony of 10 / 4
Tan long stem Xenia/$5 for as much as you want / 3
Green Monti / $5 for a 1-2" frag / 4
Tan Monti / $5 for a 1-2" frag / 3
purple tip acro / $10 for a 1-2" frag / 2
purple acro / $20 for a 1" frag / 1 (I hate to frag this little guy, but someone will appreciate his color.
purple tip monti / $10 for a 1-2" frag / 1
Orange Cap / $5 for a 1-2" dia frag / 3
Pink birds nest / $5 for a 1-2" frag / 3
Pink pocillopora / $5 for a 1-2" frag / 3

Last edited:
Green Hadoni

Attachments

• Haddoni.jpg
    Haddoni.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 373
Back