Marble Wrasse Aggression

sduggs929

Non-member
I have a 160 gallon tank and recently added a marble wrasse to my tank. He's been in there for about 3 weeks and the past couple days he's been harassing my pair of clown fish. He leaves every other fish alone but will charge my clowns occasionally. The clowns will stay in the top corner of my tank and the wrasse will swim up to them and flash his fins at the clowns. Occasionally he will charge them and try to bite them but the clowns will just dodge. There's no sign of any damage to them at all. Should I try to get him out with a fish trap, or see if his aggression simmers down. And is there anything I can try to help distract him, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Removal is the best. Or your clownfish will be very stressed and can potentially come down with ich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay thanks for you input. The aggression is actually getting less and less every day. The worst day was Wednesday but everyday since has been less and less. He seems to be losing interest in them and just accepting that they’re there. I was going to leave him in and Monitor for a couple more days just to confirm.

Try the mirror trick. He’ll beat himself up and not care about the clowns as much

I did that and the clowns started to fight themselves lol. But that definitely did help. I’ve watched the tank pretty intensely today and he only swam up to them twice and never tried to bite. So I’m cautiously optimistic.

Back